Part 68

Post their snacks time, Preeti turned to Naina in an annoyed expression, "Yaar tera achha hai. Kamsekam jab jo man man karta hai kar toh sakti hai tu. Aur ek main, pehle taiji, aur ab mummyji...har baar bas yahi dekhke aage ka kuchh karna padta hai ki kahin mummyji toh bura nahi maanengi na? Woh toh achha hai ki 2 din kisi rishtedaar ke yahan gayi hui hain. Kamsekam 2 din toh apni aazadi mana lun." Naina wanted to laugh at her crooked nose that had been due to the irritation that time, but she controlled it somehow. They were busy in the kitchen cleaning the dishes after they had been done enjoying with each other a lot now. They had instructed Swati to be away from there for some time, as almost every snack had been made by her only. So, to do the utensils they had chosen themselves whatever a little bit relief for Swati.

When they were almost done, they decided to go outside with cups of tea so that it will refresh all of them. The snack had been heavy, so maybe all had decided to skip the dinner or have a very light dinner. Preeti was adding some sugar into the boiling liquid when her gaze fell on Naina who had been standing staring at the wall since now.

Preeti nudged her with her shoulder also adding the sugar in the pan, "Kya hogaya behen? Kis soch mein padi hai?"

Naina smiled at her and answered keeping the cups on the cabinet that she took out of the shelf, "Yahi ki Swati bohot ziddi hai. Abhi bhi waisi ki waisi."

Preeti reacted instantly, "Haaaaan na. Pata hai? Ye ladki Munna se baat tak nahi karti. Isko har baar jo dusre bolte hain na, uspe zyada vishwaas ho jaata hai apne se pehle. Matlab ye ki dusre jo bolenge na uske hisab se decision le leti hai khud hi. Kabhi toh khud se soh ke dekhe na wo. Main bata rahi hun, agar isne apne dil ki suni na toh iske life mein aadhi problems aisehi khatam ho jaayengi. Pehle bhi uske dusron ki baaton mein behek jaane ki wajah se teri aur uski dosti daav pe lag gayi thi. Woh toh tu thi jisne dosti nivayi, aur usne kya kiya?" Preeti hated the time remembering how Swati had behaved with them.

Naina agreed. She was so stubborn at times. And Naina feared, what if she repeats her mistake again and again? All the time she had been living in her own set world, which was really not good.

Naina took the tray in her hand to come outside and Preeti followed her maintaining her dupatta at the proper place. She halted when Naina abruptly halted at her pace. When she looked in the direction she had been looking at, both of them looked at each other and smiled. Suman had slept peacefully on Sameer's chest when he lay on the sofa. Munna sat near Sameer on the single sofa talking on some random topics with him; also shaking the little Aarav in his arms. Pandit again laid on the floor on the mattress playing with his little friend all giggling like a kid.

Naina said with soft voice full of awe, "Kitna achha lagta hai na inn teenon ko aise dekh ke? Inhe dekhke kaun kahega ki school college mein ye kaise the. Upar se Munna Pandit; ye donon itne zimmedar, samajhdar aur pyaare ho gaye hain ki lagta hi nahi ki donon kabhi jhalle the."

Preeti chuckled lightly. She was so true. Munna and Pandit were those who were never serious in their lives. They were those who took most of the things lightly around them and paid interest in study or responsibility. Something had changed in them. May that be positive or negative.

Her gaze landed on Pandit again. Her wide smile was vanishing slowly. He was there for her, always. No matter how he talked to him...whether it was like a friend, whether it was like a lover or whether it was like a Ponga and her padoshan, he never mind her tone on himself. Never ever. It was now that they had realized their love for each other. But he, he had never behaved differently with her in the past years too. He was the same. No matter how much he grew up, he was the same innocent ponga and joyful friend he used to be. But the pains and sufferings she had faced in some time now, her dilemma came over again. Was she forcing him into her life? She closed her eyes to stop her unshed tears.