Chapter 38

Gon's POV

"....And you know, there's this amusement park that just opened last week. Do you think we can go there on Saturday-?" I have been talking nonstop to Rikka for awhile but she was off into her own world. "Ehh...Rikka, are you listening?"

She's still staring into nowhere. Her eyes weren't focused.

I waved my hand in front of her face thinking that might work but it failed. So I leaned closer to her and gave her a kiss on her nose. Now that worked.

"U..Umm, what were you saying, Gon? Something about tuna right?" asked Rikka who just got back to her senses. She has been like this ever since her talk with Killua. I wonder what had happened between them.

"No, I was talking about an amusement park." I laughed at her. "We weren't on the topic of tuna, Rikka. You sure are in a daze today. Is there something wrong? You can tell me about it."

She fidgeted like a little girl. Her palms were sweaty and her eyes kept moving from here to there. Rikka was really acting weird. "I...It's nothing. I'm just tired from the festival and all that. You know, the stress.."

I put my index finger to the side of her head and circled on that part like in a massage. Rikka gave me a smile, thanking for this wonderful gesture. "Oh well, this is just the first day, Rikka. We still got 2 days before the festival ends. Are you sure you're alright?"

She nodded her head at me and just leaned on my shoulder, "Yeah, such a busy and tiring festival. But I assure you, I'm okay."

No, you're not alright. And I'm pretty sure that your problem is about Killua....again..

Retz's POV

I twisted the lid of the glue to the right and put the tip of it down on the surface of the wide board that's laid on the cold tiles of my bedroom. I was repairing our sign board because someone accidentally spilled purple ink that was supposed to be yellow. Now it turned brownish.

When I was done putting enough glue, I covered the spilled part with silver glitters to cover it. I'm sure this trick will work out fine.

Although, I'm still troubled Rikka's hatred towards me. I swear, I couldn't remember a single thing that happened that day! Why wasn't she believing me? I thought we were bestfriends?

A single tear dropped on the back of my hand. I panicked because it might ruin the sign board so I wiped my eyes properly. "Stupid tears...Why did you come out when I'm focusing here." I resumed my work but I suddenly started to cry again. "Uwa...Waaaaah...." My vision was blurred and I couldn't see a thing in front of me anymore

I hit my fist on the floor for numerous times, "Rikkaaaaa....Rikkaaaa....gomenasaaaaii....GOMENASAAAAAIII....!!!"

Your apology can do nothing now. chuckled a voice inside my head. There it was again...

"WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU FOR YOU TO CONTROL MY MIND LIKE THIS?! WHO ARE YOU?! GET OUT OF THERE!" I shouted at the voice, crying.

I see you still haven't come to your senses yet...imouto.

I stopped banging the floor, taken back. "What... did you call me...?"

Greetings, my little imouto. My soul have been resting for years inside your body and I have awaken a few days ago.

"I..I...I don't understand..." I mumbled, bewildered. I'm not getting anywhere with this.

You will soon understand...

After the voice said it, the whole room was filled with eerie silence. I couldn't contain it. My mind had a lot of questions unanswered. "What..." I hugged my knees close to my chest. "I don't know what's going on with my life anymore..."

Out of the blue, there was a loud ding in front of my house. Someone pressed the doorbell so I ran down quickly to see who it was. Sadly, it was just a mailman passing by with a package. I thought it was Rikka...

"Sign here, miss." He pointed to a blank space on the paper.

I scribbled my signature and got the package from his hand, the mailman riding off on his bike. When I got inside, I ripped off the covering and saw a red-and-black colored dress like a doll's. It wasn't a gown but the skirt part was a balloon like they're used in the mid 80s. There were also cuffs on the sleeves which made it look more elegant and cute.

I know this dress. I'm sure of it. I think...I used this before...somewhere. I thought deeply.

There was a note lying on the bottom of the box saying, "I know you remember this. Still remember the fire incident in your old house? This was what you're wearing, right?" And at the very end of the note, "See the picture behind this paper and you'll know the answers to your questions."

A bead of sweat dropped from the top of my head. I held my breath as I turned the paper around. I couldn't breathe anymore when I saw what was on it.

There was the younger me, smiling. I saw other two figures beside me whose faces were smeared with black ink. But I saw the hairstyle...one was spiky and one was white. There were only two people who had that-Gon and Killua.

I have met them before...

A/N: WAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Konnichiwa guuyssss. Waasssuuppp.

I seriously have to write this a bit short cuz my mum's coming sooooon. >_< GOMEEEEEENNN

Question: What would Retz do now?

~KarenZoldyck14~