Chapter 54

A/n: Hi guys! Was anyone affected by the typhoon in the Philippines? :))

Hoping you're all okay over there! *big hug for you*

And this is a very long chapter so I know you'll enjoy it!

----

Killua's POV

I sat on the large branch of our mango tree in the front yard. I liked hanging around here because I could be alone and the wind was getting chilly here. I think it was gonna rain any time soon.

"Onii-chan?" called Alluka from below. She was closely hugging a stuffed panda toy.

I knew that she wanted to come up too so I smiled and held out my hand to her. She stood up on her toes and tried hardly to touch the tip of my fingers. With her small physique despite of being 14 years old made it difficult for her sometimes to mature properly. I cannot even imagine her acting like her age. I guess I was just used to seeing her childish.

I laughed and pulled her up with me easily. She laughed in delight as Alluka witnessed me that strong to get her with only one hand.

She leaned on my chest and snuggled, "Onii-chan daisuki..." Alluka kept cuddling with me that it tickled so much.

"Love you too. Oh, and Nanika." I added nervously at the end. She might get angry again.

Her eyes shone like sparkling diamonds, "Alluka says that Nanika is happy!" I smiled at her and we hugged like we always do.

With my Gyo-enhanced ears, I heard the cracking sounds of old twigs outside our gate. I instantly got alarmed and told Alluka to go inside the house and eat some cake.

Once she got in safely, I walked to the gate and opened it wide with my nails stretched it out for an offense strategy but I froze when I saw her there.

"What are you doing here, Rikka?" I blurted out, clearing my throat.

She twirled around and my world slowed down. Her brown hair was tied up in a messy bun. I think she put a little blush on her face so her cheeks were quite pink. She wore a white sweater suited for this cold weather paired with black leggings and sneakers.

"Is it bad to visit the house of my ex-bestfriend?" She asked with a bright smile on her beautiful face. 

I could swear right now.

"Ohh.." I brushed my sweaty hands and asked again, "What's the matter, Rikka-san?"

"Why are you still adding the honorifics, Killua? I thought we've been friends since childhood?" She gestured, quoting then her eyes blazed in anger, "YOU'RE NOT WEARING A JACKET! What if you get a cold!" She laid a hand on my pale skin, making it tingle to her touch. "I'll tell your mom that you're not taking care of yourself!"

I held her back and changed the topic, "But...Rikka" I still felt kinda awkward calling her this way again. "What's your real purpose in coming here? You're acting really weird."

"Huh? Isn't it obvious yet? I'm trying to make up with you!" She said to me, crossing her arms.

Woah woah, this is all too sudden.