Chapter 32

A/N: Somebody DM-ed me and asked when this story will end. xD Hahahaha My answer? Well, I'm just not planning on ending this soon. Because of this ideas in my head, this might reach a hundred chapters? OMG, is that too long? I read a Killua x OC fanfic before and the chapters are over 100 now. :3

I want to do the same but may I ask, will you still read After The Years?

p.s. I want oreos... *craves*
~

Rikka's POV

"Mom..."

"Yes, dear?" my mother grinned at me from ear to ear. She was preparing brownies for desert after our dinner.

"I got a boyfriend." I let out the shocking truth, closing my eyes for my mom's impact.

Her eyes danced happily, "Really? Then congratulations to you and Killua!" She put on the gloves and held the hot tray of brownies in her hands.

At the mention of Killua's name, I flinched but I chuckled uncomfortably, "No, Mom. My boyfriend is Gon."

Mom dropped the plate of brownies and it lay all on the white floor. She was obviously disappointed that it was not Killua I liked but the boy next door. "Oh...I see. It's not Killua." Then she sighed. "I don't approve of your relationship with him." She said so suddenly.

"Why did you quickly oppose it? I thought you already met Gon? He's Killua's bestfriend!" I explained to her.

She picked up the wasted brownies on the floor, "Rikka Kushina," Mom only calls my full name when she's mad or serious. "I tell you, you are not suited for him. Cut the relationship as soon as possible."

"But I love him..." I cried out to her, begging for her permission.

Then she asked me with extreme eye contact, "Do you really do?"

Mom left me alone in the dining room with heavy footsteps and I heard her slam the door of her room loudly enough for me to hear. She really was angry about it.

Why Killua, Mom?

I looked at the clock as it strucked 8 PM. It was dinner time yet I know we won't have one tonight because of our conversation. I shouldn't have told Mom about me and Gon yet. I sobbed in my palms, "Why does it have to be this hard on me?"

My phone made a loud ding and I glanced at the screen.

From: Gon Freeces

Hey, Rikka. I just want to tell you I'm really happy today. I hope you are too.

Yes I am happy, Gon.

So did you get safely home?

I replied in my mind, Yeah.

Did you eat?

Nope because Mom is mad.

Then I'm going to sleep now. Rest because we'll check our final touch on our theme for the festival alright? Good night. ☺

You rest too.

At the bottom of the screen, a five-word phrase was there that made my day complete.

I love you so much.

I jumped on my bed, shouting and squealing my face on the pillow.

Because I didn't reply fast, my calling ringtone was heard around my room. Maybe it was Gon.

"Uhh...Umm.. Hi." He spoke through the line. "Did I do something bad? Sorry..."

I giggled and answered, "No, you did nothing wrong. You made me really happy. By the way, I'm going to sleep. I'm so tired." I yawned and he heard it.

"Okay, see you tomorrow then. Sleep well and good night." he muttered over the phone. "I'll pick you up at your house tomorrow okay?"

"Sure thing. Good night." and we both ended the call with a smile on my face.

Gon's POV

When I ended the call, only 5 seconds have passed and I already missed her. I was tempted to call again when a ray of light seeped through my room from the door.

"Gon?" my dad's voice greeted me. "You're still awake, kid? What about school tomorrow? I heard there's a festival." He put his pinky finger on the small opening of his ears. Ging's picking earwax again.

I crossed my legs on the bed, "Ging." Yes, I still call him by his name. It just doesn't feel right when I call him 'dad'. "I got a girlfriend."

His eyes turned serious but his expression was still laughable. "My kid has finally turned into a man." The famous hunter scratched his head like there was full of lice in it. "So who is she?"

"The girl next door."

He made a question mark out of his aura, "Uhh, who is that again?"

"Seriously?" I opened my phone and searched for her photo. When I found it, I showed it to him like a precious jewel. "Pretty right?"

He just smirked and said in a tone he never used before, "Just don't be like me..."

"What do you mean, Ging?" I leaned in closer so I could focus on what he's saying.

"Your mother...would you like to know more about her?" Before he could say anything, he asked first.

I nodded my head at him and urged him on to continue. When I was twelve, I heard Ging's voice for the first time and I felt excited that moment. I was so curious about what he has to say. And now, he's righ here in front of me, saying things.

He seated on my bed and cleared his throat, "Your mother...I met her in Yorknew City. Errr, she was like you, full of life, that smile on her face remained on my mind for days since I met her. And uhh, I couldn't help myself anymore so I rushed to see her again, selling raw fish to people."

I bet she's an awesome woman.

He gulped, "Then I asked her if she was single and she took a hint that I liked her so she told me to stay away from her, saying never to see her again. Dang, how sad I was that time! I couldn't focus on anything except on what she said that day."

The way my dad tells about Mom to me, Ging's eyes sparkled like diamonds. "And then what happened?"

"And then, I sneaked into their house one night. Although it wasn't really my style, I asked your mother if we could have a midnight date. I was so nervous she would decline but she didn't! I took her out for barbecue, we went at the park and talked lots of things about ourselves. When it was time she goes home, of course I did the right thing to go with her."

I nodded my head at him to continue his love story.

"When she was safely back in her room, she kissed me on the cheek then that happened." He emphasized on the word that.

"Yeah, yeah, I know what that means. And then I was made right?"

He shyly said yes and then his expression turned hurt the next second. Maybe this is where all the problem starts. I inhaled and exhaled for the next part.

A/N: Heeey guys! I just want to remind you that Gon's mom here is just my imagination. It's not really in the anime but I could picture her in my mind. :D

And soo, the flashback begins on the next chapt! Imma see your comments soon! Tell me about it! I can't wait. xD

Question: While watching HxH, what did Gon's mom look like in your mind? Comment below her features with exact details or you could just send me a link of the photo. :D

~KarenZoldyck14~