Chapter 29

Retz's POV

Heavenly Puppet Master....

I was sprawled on the floor of my room. There were phrases clouding my mind. I didn't even know who that was but the voice sounded familiar.

"Can't you see Retz is sad?!" screamed Gon's determined tone.

"Stop, stop..." I covered my ears and shut my eyes closed. "Who are you and what are you doing in my head?"

You did a great job ruining Killua and Rikka's friendship, imouto...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" I rose from my bed. I didn't realize I was already drenched in sweat. My sheets were even damp too.

Wow, did I pee or something?

I decided to take a bath first thing in the morning then cook myself lunch for later. I can't believe it's just Wednesday. I don't even remember what happened yesterday. I only know that I invited Killua to sit with Rikka and that's it.

As soon as I got my things ready for school, I turned off all the appliances in the house and locked the door. "Oh crap, I forgot my project on my table!" I went inside again and looked for my science project that I left on my study table.

I sighed in relief when I got it in my hands. "Phew...thank goodness I finished this in time." I checked the time on my watch and it appeared 7:08 AM.

Okay..still got 7 more minutes. Maybe I'll get Rikka at her house then. I chuckled to myself. I'm sure she's still eating breakfast.

When I got to their doorstep, I rang the bell. It took them a few minutes to open the door and a sleep Rikka was there. But when she saw me, her drownsiness was gone and her expression turned to hurt and betrayal.

"Rikka? What's wrong?" I asked, concerned.

"Nothing's wrong." She answered shortly and coldly. "You go ahead to school. Don't wait for me." I was about to say something when she shut the door on my face.

I mumbled a little late, "I...was going to invite you for crèpe..." I couldn't help but feel pain inside my chest. What did I do? Why was she mad at me?

Turning on my heels, I went to school without Rikka, which was a first for me...

Killua's POV

"Killu, it's almost 7:30. Aren't you going to get out of your room yet?" knocked Aniki on my door. "You can still make it if you run at high speed though."

I didn't say anything at all. Last night, I cried so much I didn't care for my manly ego at all. I was also scared to face Rikka today because of guilt. It was my fault anyway.

Aho aho aho aho aho!! I cursed myself.

Illumi knocked a few times. Then I felt his evil aura seeping inside my room, making me uncomfortable. But I wasn't already controlled by Illumi because I removed the needle he planted on my head for years.

"I don't want to go." I grumbled.

"That is not an excuse for not going."

Hah! Good thing I locked the door—

The door splattered into bits giving off such a loud noise when Aniki kicked it open. He was already mad and impatient.

"Aniki, poor door. You could have just looked for the spare keys." I groaned, not letting the morning light blind me.  I heard Illumi slide the curtains to the side, as the sun shone brightly on my room.