Chapter 19

Rikka's POV

I was already hungry that evening. My drool was already at my chin and I couldn't wipe it away because my hands were tied again by those ridiculous ropes!

I want to go home and eat Mom's apple pies....

"Boss, should we make our move now?" asked Machi, not looking at him in the eye. She kept weaving like there's no tomorrow!

His reply was his breathing.

Great answer, dude. I did an imaginary thumbs-up for him being such a snob to his members. What kind of gang is this when they don't even communicate with each other properly?! Well, except for Shalnark. He talked to me from time to time and then he leaves me alone....

Everyone was startled when Chrollo suddenly closed his notebook, his face very serious I can't contain the nervousness inside me. So I gulped it all.

"Let her go..." he muttered calmly.

Nobunaga immediately stood up in protest, "But boss! The chain user is nearby and we can easily—"

"LET HER GO." Chrollo repeated sternly, with more authority over him. His eyes met his and I could almost see electricity sparking between the two of them. But Nobu-san(I decided to call him that) shrugged and sat down angrily. He lost the staring contest.

Before I knew it, I was already outside their hideout in a blink of an eye. Did someone teleport me here or something? I brushed the back of my skirt since I sat on the cold cement for too long. I smelled myself and I stink so much. I moved my hand inside my pockets to see if I left any food there but there was only the candy wrapper. Good thing, my wallet was still there and was not taken by those crazy magicians or witches, whatever.

I hailed a taxi home as I said, "Hometown Village please." I closed my eyes to rest, realizing that I was brought farther than my favorite mall in Japan. Since I knew I was still a long way from my house, I took a short nap.

*15 MINUTES LATER*

"Umm, miss, we're already in Hometown Village. And your meter is still running. Would you like to get up now?"

Alarmed of what he said, I quickly woke up and stared at the meter. It was already by ¥600! How dumb of me not to notice!

"Sir, how long was I asleep when we arrived here?" I asked the taxi driver.

"Just five minutes ago?" he scratches his nape, trying to remember. I paid him after and got out of the car.

Seeing my home made me feel happy. I already got the whiff of burger patties and scrambled eggs just like breakfast but it's already dinner. How come...?

I heard somebody's voice so I hid behind our gate, "I'm so worried now, Aunt. Rikka is still not home. I wonder what could have happened to her now!" Retz whined in concern. I peeked at a little hole and saw her face drenched in tears.

My mom patted her on the shoulder, "It's okay. We'll hear from her soon."

"I just wish that these foolish boys didn't let her out of their sights!" Retz shouted at Gon and Killua who were also pale white in guilt and worry. She started to cry again.

Inhaling and exhaling, I walked up to the gate and opened it with a smile on my face. "Hey guys! What's up?"

They just stared at me in shock.

"Ummm..am I not gonna receive a hug or anything?"

In maximum speed, my best friend ran over to me and almost crushed my ribs with her bear hug. "You dummy! I already wasted a bucket of tears for ya! I could have just drank them all if you haven't disappeared!"

The two boys couldn't come and talk to me because they were scared of Retz. But I saw in their eyes that they were glad to see me back safely. I broke my hug with Retz and gave the guys another embrace. "I missed you both! It's not like I told you to be my bodyguard and stuff. Don't be guilty anymore okay?" I assured them.

Gon smiled at me, "Okay. If you're ever in trouble just call me."

Oops, someone grumbled. "Hey! What do you mean 'call you'?! I'm here too! Well actually, she should call ME!" Killua added with a pout.

Retz put an arm around me, "Hey! Hey! Hold your horses! I'm the best friend here! You're just useless boys who can't protect my bæ." She stuck out a tongue at them. "I'm the only one who protects her, understood?"

"Y..Yes, ma'am." they whispered.

So yeah, Mom broke the tension by saying, "Who wants some patty and eggs? I cooked them all just for all of us!"

I raised a brow, "But those are for breakfast. It's already dinner, Mama."

She laughed, kissing my forehead, "I know dear! It's okay. Food is still food. It refills our stomachs." Then she raised a finger at me. "But before you eat, can you please take a bath first? You smell like a dead rat!"

Frowning, I said in defense, "I don't stink that much, Mom! Just a little bit!"

"Yeah right." Retz rolled her eyes, teasing me too.

Narrator's POV

As Rikka got home from the Spiders, the chain user had already made its move.

His phone rang loudly, taking the call. "Who is this?"

"Kurapika! Still remember me?" Leorio's voice was on the other line, obviously drunk with alcohol. "Wanna stick around? I got no company with meh..."

"I'm at work, Leorio. I can't possibly go there now." Kurapika checked his wrist watch. "Probably tomorrow. I have my day-off. We can meet up with Gon and Killua if you like."

The doctor laughed hysterically, "Oh, oh, I'm their homeroom teacher ya know. They're finally in highschool now! Time does fly fast...." He sighed in a daze.

The yellow-haired bodyguard shook his head, smiling. "Good to know you're still with them, Leorio. I'll send you a message if I'm free tomorrow alright? I gotta get back now." He told him, hurrying to end the call.

"Hey wait! But I'm bored—!" He groaned.

Kurapika bid his goodbyes and pressed the end button. "Oh great. I'm getting excited now." A small curve appeared on his face as he imagined the next day about they could possibly do with his long time friends since the Hunter Exam.

A/N: Hi minna!!! i finally did another chapter! So actually, Im inspired now because Im reading another popfiction book. :D And it gave me lots of ideas! Heehee~

Altho, I really have to go back and study. :((

Vote and comment your thoughts about this chapter please! It's been awhile since I got comments. ;) See ya around!!