Chapter 40

A/N: Since my mom had a visitor to entertain, I guess I'll update while there's time! *laughs*

I'm also studying... ⓑⓤⓢⓨ ⓟⓔⓡⓢⓞⓝ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

[Cool font....]

Hey dudes and dudetts, I just wanna announce that thank you to @anielladragneelius for giving me a new, better cover for my story. Really appreciate it. xD

~

Killua's POV

I tidied my tie while looking at my reflection on the mirror. Staring at it, I just realized I looked so pathetic. My eyes were puffy from crying again last night. I thought Illumi would mock me about crying like a girl, but thankfully, he just watched me.

"Killua-san, there's a customer waiting at the stand. Can you manage them for me?" said the president for our class. "I'm currently busy with something here."

"Uh, okay. Sure." I mumbled at him. I quickly walked towards the stand and the customers paid the money for our class' production.

I wanna see her... My mind was wandering off again into space. It's so hard to forget someone who you loved so much.

"Killua-kun? Are you okay?" somebody asked from behind me. I didn't see that Retz was behind me all this time. She almost looked like a dead corpse with that condition of hers. What happened to her?

"Don't talk to me, scum." I hissed at her, giving her a deadly glare. I walked away from her before she could say anything more and continued attending to the customer's needs.

When I went inside the staff room for my break, I saw Retz changing into normal clothes by accident so I closed the door immediately. Her bare back was turned on me and she already got her jeans on. But I saw a long scar across the surface of her spinal cord. Where did that come from?

"You saw it?" She made me jump back in surprise when Retz was done changing inside.

"See what?" I said innocently even though I really saw it.

"My scar." She replied shortly.

I smirked emotionlessly, "Why would I care about you? I won't even worry if you have a large burn on your freaking face." I slammed the door loudly and sat on the bench, leaving Retz outside speechless. "Ugh...." I slapped my face with my hands, like bringing me back into reality.

Gon's POV

The people just started to fill in our classroom because of the aroma from Rikka's takoyaki. It was a big hit!

"One order of takoyaki please!" I shouted at the counter which would be my thousandth time.

"Comin' right up!" yelled Rikka cheerfully from the kitchen. I sighed in relief as she went back to her usual mood. I still didn't know why she was crying earlier but I think it's better not to ask her about it.

Before I knew it, a plate of takoyaki was already placed in front of me. "Earth to Gon!" Rikka laughed at my dazed expression. "Get working! The customers are waiting for their orders."

I grinned at her, "Yeah, thanks for reminding!" I brought up the plate on my fingers and zigzagged through the messy crowd. I found the number and put the plate down on the table. "Enjoy your food!"

I wiped the sweat on my forehead and stared back at Rikka who was nowhere to be found in the classroom. Maybe she's taking a break.

The back door was opened a little bad but I still knocked, "Rikka? You there?"

"Yeah? Something matter?" She pulled the door aside and let me in the locker room. Rikka appears to be eating her lunch already because it's almost one in the afternoon.

"Oh, nothing. I just noticed you weren't serving anymore so I checked if you were here, resting." I pulled out my towel from my bag and buried my drenched face in it.

I suddenly felt her head on my shoulder and I blushed at the sight of her doing that. My voice stuttered when I asked, "Are you that tired?"

"Nah, just wanted to try leaning my head on your shoulder this once. I haven't been sweet to you ever since we got together right? You were always the one who made all the first moves. It seems unfair to you when I don't do anything..." She explained, her expression sullen.

My lips curled into a smile and said, "It doesn't matter if you're not that sweet to me. It satisfies me already that you really love me the way you are now." I faced her and put my arms around her, "Just be yourself, okay?"

Our eyes instantly connected and we both had the urge to do something...something right here in this moment. I just kissed her for the time being. It just felt right I guess.

God, she was so cute when her face turns red up until to her ears.

"That was the third right..." she whispered, still dazed.

I chuckled at her statement, "You count our kisses?"

"Is that weird?" Rikka blushed harder. Maybe I'm teasing her too much.

"Nooo, not at all. I think it's adorable." I hugged her again when her watch just started to ring in alarm. "Oh great, our break has finished. I'm sure they're all wondering what we're doing inside the locker room for too long." I groaned in complain, loosening my hold on Rikka.

She hit me on the side of my arm, "Baka! You have a dirty mind at times like this! You are sooo like Ki-" Rikka froze when she was about to say his name. "U..Umm, let's get to work." She was about to open the door when my body just moved on its own and pinned her on the wall.

"Rikka, we're...okay right?" I painfully asked her. She was obviously suprised by my sudden action towards her.

"Wha...What do you mean?" She struggled under me. "G..Gon, we need to go now. The customers are waiting-"

I raised her chin for her to look straightly into my eyes, "Are. We. Okay? Please answer me, Rikka..."

She shivered because of my touch and tried to look away. "Let me go..."

"Don't you love me anymore?"

Rikka looked taken back when I asked that. Her eyes looked guilty of something. "Gon..."

"DO YOU?"

She closed her eyes and muttered, running away, "I'm so sorry!"

My body has turned numb. I don't know what kind of face I'm making right now. But I just know for sure...I feel betrayed.

A/N: HIIIII THEEEERE! :))

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUUUUU. *flying kisses* Okay stop with the Ew-Ew kisses. xD

Question: Did you betray someone before? Or have you been betrayed? What did you feel? What did you do?

~KarenZoldyck14~