Chapter 51

"Can I take you away?"

I laughed out real loud and said between gasps, "Oh man, are you playing kidnap-and-hostage with me?"

His tone was seriously serious(huh?), "Come on. You don't wanna get out of here? Don't you feel sick smelling medicine everyday?"

Well....I'm kind of accustomed to smelling medicine when I was younger since I was so sickly before.

"I don't know, Arata...Somebody might see us or something-"

"When we climb out of the window?" He smirked at me, pointing to the exit, which was the window and it scares me.

"We're...gonna jump?" I gulped nervously at his idea.

He laughed hysterically and I put a finger on my mouth to tell him to quiet down or otherwise the nurses will hear. "Ah of course, I'm going out first and then I'll catch you from below."

I clutched my bedsheets, seeking its protection again but I let go.

I'm done hiding...

"Fine. Just let me change my clothes and we're good to go." I finally said.

----

"WAAAAAAAH! We're here again!" I shouted out loud at Arata. I was pissed off yet deep inside, I was glad I could get out of the hospital.

He said he was taking me somewhere, and that somewhere was the place where we jumped when we were kids.

"DO YOU PLAN ON KILLING ME TODAY?!" I exclaimed at him, breaking his eardrums.

He put his hand on my mouth and shouted back, laughing, "I WON'T LET YOU DIE! DON'T WORRY!"

My eyes widened in shock. HE'S GONNA DO IT!

"UH-OH, YOU CRAZY GEEZER, IT'S EASIER SAID THAN DONE. I'M NOT GOING TO-"

But before I could protest, Arata dragged me off his motorcycle and carried me to the cliff, sack-style. You know when they put the person on your shoulder and now you're facing his back?

"DARN YOU, ARATA! I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND!" I hit his back numerous times but he won't even step back and continued walking forward.

He chuckled, "I'm not just your friend. I'm your super duper cool friend. 'Cuz I'm just like so hot they're burning." Arata bragged like some famous action star.

For a long time, I laughed. Meaning, I laughed for real. No fakes, this is the legit thing, folks.

"Well, well." He imitated Maleficent's voice and stopped at the cliff's edge. "Should I jump or what? Hm, Rikka?"

I squirmed, trying to go down from his shoulders, "I SWEAR TO GOD ARATA, IF YOU JUMP, I WILL FIND YOU, AND I WILL KILL YOUUUUU!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Yeah sure! No prob!" He smirked at me and bended his legs as if to get some force from it like a spring.

He was serious about this....

"Arata! Don't you dare kill me today!" I warned him, feeling some bile in my throat and was getting sick by the smell of the sea.

"One...Two...THREE!" He sprang forward as we fell to our deaths. He was grinning so wide that his cheeks might tear off like paper.

Seconds later, we both dropped on the seaweed, which made my lungs breathe normal again. We're on the ground now, thank god.

"You happy?" asked Arata, who rolled off the seaweed and lent me his hand so I could stand up.