Chapter 26

So much time had passed by and I didn't know we were finally in junior highschool! Just one more year and we're off to college. AWESOME!

"Rikkkaaaaaaa...." zoomed Retz's zombie voice in the morning. "I'm huuuunggrrrrrryy....." She groaned as her stomach agreed with a rumble.

I choked out a laugh and let her in, the aroma of corned beef and toasted bread filling the air around our home. Mom was still setting the table when she saw the blonde sprawled on the floor in hunger. (Which Retz did on purpose.)

"My goodness! Please stand up and sit on a proper chair!" She exclaimed in surprise, helping the zombie Retz on the floor.

Once we were seated down on the table, we all said, "ITADAKIMASU!" Mom, as the one who made all the food, dug in first before me and Retz ate.

"Thanks for the food, Ma'am! We'll be off to our junior lives now!" Retz did a hair flip and ran after me.

"Baaakaaa, wait for me!!!!" I yelled at her and chased after her running figure. I eventually caught her since I AM a runner. (Note the sarcasm)

I haven't seen Gon and Killua that summer vacation. I wondered what they were doing during those times. But naah, it's not like we were the best of friends.

Retz and I were welcomed by a sudden surprise outside school.

There were lots of students holding hands with their boyfriends/girlfriends....

"Rikka...." muttered Retz in awe and a tingle of jealousy.

"I know what you are thinking..." I whispered too.

She suddenly asked, "Did you see Gon?"

Hmmmm...definitely fishy Retz.

A blush crept up her white ceramic cheeks, "I..I mean, did you see Gon and Killua? Y..You know, hanging out with them lateer?"

I hid a smirk on my lips, "Oh reaaally? So tell me..." I put an arm around her to prevent her from running away, again. "Do you like Gon?"

"A..Actually...I do..." She fiddled with her fingers while her face turned red like a tomato.

My eyes widened. No way....What if she knows Gon likes me and not her?

Her blue eyes met mine with loneliness, "A..And I know he likes you.."

Inside my chest, my heart beated furiously. It wasn't nervous or anything. It was guilt and regret.

"Retz, I..I—"

Her lips thinned into a forced smile, "C'mon, let's go and find our new sections! I hope we're classmates again, Rikka!" She held my hand and we made our way inside the school.

Sadly, my bestfriend is not my classmate this year. She was put in Class 3-A and I'm in Class 3-B. Oh and her section is composed of smart people. I almost wondered why she was in that class.

I looked for Killua's name on the chart and he was Retz's classmate. I wouldn't question that. He was a smarty ever since. And Gon...he was my classmate. Oh great...Retz would be even angrier at me.

Since we're already in junior highschool, Leorio-sensei cried at the ceremony before summer vacation, "I'M GONNA MISS YOU ALL GUYS!" he said.

Please let our teacher be awesome.

The sound I've been waiting to hear—the door slides open.

"Good morning students." A cold straight voice greeted us.

He kind of sounds like a woman..somehow...

"I'm your new teacher. I would like to introduce myself. I am—" But he was cut off by Gon who stood up abrubtly from his chair.

"KURAPIKA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" He exclaimed.

Everybody in the classroom gasped.

What is surprising about him?

Well, he got blond hair just like Retz's but...his is more yellowish? And he doesn't have blue eyes like my girl, Kurapika-sensei has black. He is of average height, maybe the same as mine. The way he stares is so scary and deadly like he had killed a lot of people in the past. He looks lonely...

Wait.... he is a killer? No way....but he is a teacher...

"Gon!" He walked towards him and I imagined a bromance between them.

OOPS..

"I haven't seen you in awhile!" Gon gave him a crushing hug.

Kurapika's face lit up brightly, "You have grown taller all these years! How come I never contacted you when I had the chance!" He face-palmed himself. "How silly of me..!"

The door loudly opened again, "Is it just me or I heard Kurapika's name?" Leorio-sensei was there! HOW...?!

The next second, Killua entered this weird reunion of theirs. His eyes scanned Kurapika as if he wasn't the person he was expecting to appear into their lives. "Woah....I MISSED YOU, MAN!" Killua ran into him excitedly.

By this time, the whole class had been confused and doesn't have a clue of what's going on. So Leorio-sensei broke the tension and went at the front as he cleared his throat.

"Students, excuse me for intruding the first class of your first day in school but I just can't help it." Leorio's eyes were kinda teary. "The four of us were bestfriends years ago. We all met in the Hunter Exam if you all know that."

Everyone murmured in shock.

Why does everyone know about the Hunter Exam and I don't?

"And the four of us are Hunters!" Our former teacher announced merrily in front of us. After that, well, he cried with so much passion that the classroom could have flooded.

After all the memories were flashbacked by Leorio-sensei, he apologized sincerely for delaying our class. But Kurapika just said it's okay and everything was done. The first day of school became story time. Great...

A/N: AND THAT'S IT, FOLKS!

Question: What do you think of this chapter? :D

VOTE AND COMMENT HANDSOMES AND BEAUTIES! Love ya all! :* :*

~KarenZoldyck~