Chapter 53

Gon's POV

Damn... Rikka was about to walk towards me but Killua didn't let her.

I could see the pain and desparation in her eyes that Rikka truly wanted to be by my side. However, she was doing that to the man she doesn't even fully love—me.

I'm just plain, old Gon now who's seeking for another partner-in-crime who, this time, will love me back the same way I do to that Lucky Girl.

Honestly, I feel like I should do a monologue right now.

"Gon, my man!" Someone clapped me on the back. "I saw this awesome headphones on my way back home yesterday!"

I smiled at him, "Really? Did it sound good?"

"Dude, it was freaking awesome. I think I'm gonna buy it after school. Good thing my parents gave me my allowance today." That random classmate excitedly told me. Although I couldn't remember his name...?

"Oh, good for you man." I gave him a pat on the back and I walked away from him, putting my hands in my pockets.

My mind was travelling far away that somebody said, "Earth to Gon?"

I turned my head with my eyes opening wide in surprise, "Ohh, hi Retz."

Her cheeks turned pink and grinned, "Hi! You looked like you were going to cry earlier. Is something that matter?"

I closed my mouth, to keep myself from saying what's inside my chest. I need to keep quiet about this. "You know...random stuff about life and all that."

"Hmmm, looks tough." then she said, "Do you ever wanna forget all those pain?"

I instantly looked up to her, "Yeah, of course. Who doesn't want to forget their pain, right?"

Retz held her hand in front of my face and muttered, "Don't worry. You'll be feeling really good after this..."

My eyelids got heavy. I think I want some sleep but...I feel something bad's gonna happen. I realized that I have already slumped forward towards her, "What....?"

Retz's hand brushed my spiky hair and sweetly told me, "All will be alright. Just sleep tight. When you wake up, the pain's gone."

My lids slowly closed and I fell into a deep sleep. Where was my Nen when I needed it the most...?

Or someone just forced me into the state of Zetsu?

Rikka's POV

"Want to go with me to the supermarket? I'm gonna buy some stuff." announced Mom, who was clutching her bag already. "If you have to buy some supplies for school, then this is your chance."

I raised my hand, signalling her to wait for me, "I'll go. Just a sec. I'll change my clothes."

After I changed, Mom was already in the car, fiddling with her cellphone and I quickly got in and put on my seatbelt. "Good to go?"

She nodded at me as Mom switched the gears.

----

~All I wanna be yeah all I ever wanna be
Yeah, yeah, is somebody to you
Everybody's tryin to be a billionaire
But every time I look at you, I just dont care~

I hummed with the song while pushing our cart which was full of groceries. I had a hard time pushing it on the right direction since it was getting heavy. Mom didn't even realize I needed her help! Wow, what a loving mom you are...

"C'mon Rikka! Keep up with me!" I heard Mom saying to me, walking towards the detergent section of the supermarket.

I panted, and stopped pushing the cart for a minute, thinking, "Why don't you push this?!" I relaxed my fists because I held the handle of the cart for too long that it's becoming numb. I wriggled them and chased after Mom.