Epilogue

Retz's POV

All I remembered was my body being completely taken by my older brother, Omokage. I felt like I was in a cocoon being forced to sleep for a long time and never waking up to see the light of day.

Before I knew it, I saw this incredibly bright light shining before me. It was very blinding that I squint my eyes towards it. I heard a voice.

"Retz! Please come back to me!" It was familiar. Who was it?

I walked towards the light with a hand in front of my eyes. The light was so far that I grew impatient and ran for it. The light kept growing bigger and bigger until..

"Retz! You're awake! Finally!" I felt my cheeks being held by warm hands and a kiss was placed on my forehead. It took me awhile to adjust to my surroundings and the first person I saw..was Gon. He was smiling brightly at me and helped me drink a cup of water.

"What are you..doing here?" I looked down in shame as I fiddled with my fingers which were scratched. What happened to me?

"Killua and I rescued you. We defeated Omokage." He flashed his wide grin that I missed so much. Tears have began to form when Gon's face had become worried.

I mumbled sadly, "Aren't you supposed to be mad at me..? I did all those things to break you, Killua, and Rikka apart. I'm such a bad person!" I buried my face in my hands and cried out.

Gon stood up from his chair and hugged me, "It's not your fault, Retz. I was too selfish and didn't notice that you had feelings for me. We all have our flaws and I forgive you, Retz."

My heart leaped in happiness as I looked up at him, "You really..forgive me?"

He nodded his head gladly and squished my cheeks in his hands. "I love you, Retz."

I gasped at his confession. He loves me? Gon loves me? How..?

"Wh..What? I don't get what's-" I was cut off when he placed his lips on mine. They felt so good on my lips. I have been dreaming for this moment to happen and I never expected that it would come true for someone like me.

When he broke the kiss, he whispered, "I want to make you the happiest girl in the world, Retz. Please...let me make it up to you. I want you to be by my side forever.." Gon begged.

"Yes! Yes! I will." I hugged him.

And it was the happy ending I wished for.

Rikka's POV

Killua and I were walking outside the hospital while we wait for Retz to wake up. Gon was with her and I could feel that they need to talk things out.

"You think they're going to be okay?" I asked Killua, holding his hand in mind.

"Of course. Gon realized his feelings for Retz were love." He smiled at me. When I stare at Killua, I can't help admiring his silver hair and his grayish blue eyes that captivated me since we were kids. I can't help touching the skin of his face and think that this man was just for me.

"What's wrong? Is there something on my face?" We both stopped walking under the sakura trees that were lined outside the hospital.

I shook my head a no and smiled up to him, "Nothing. I just love you so much..." I stood on my toes and gave him a peck on the lips.  "Thank you for coming back for me."

He softly smiled, bringing me into a hug. He placed his chin on my head since he was taller than me. "How could I ever forget my time capsule under the sakura tree by the river? That was my promise to the girl I love."

"Stop being cheesy." I smacked his arm and he chuckled in result.

It's good that everything fell into place. Maybe there really is a reason why Killua and I were separated back when we were young. It was because fate was going to challenge our bond together and test to see if our promise as kids were strong enough to make us hold on.

And indeed it was. We got through those difficult challenges together. It was all because...

Fate made us both strong after the years.