Chapter 33

A/N: Okaaay, so I'm actually thinking of a name for Gon's mother. So I searched in Google for answers but nothing. I just wished Gon played the part of the tape where his mother was mentioned by Ging so I would have known what her name was.

Because I don't have a name for Gon's mother, I guess I'll have to make one that rhymes with his name. Hahaha

So anyway, here's the chapt! Enjoy!

--

Narrators's POV

~Flashback - Years ago before Gon was born~

"Akemi-chan! Your dinner is ready!" announced Mito who was setting the table with wooden plates and spoons. "Don't tell me you're still not done unpacking your clothes!"

"Onee-chan, you know I just arrived from Yorknew City. Can you imagine how tired I am from the journey?" the tired younger sister sat across the table waiting for the food to be served.

Mito rolled her eyes at her and she placed down a plate of salmon, Akemi's favorite dish. Her younger sister's mouth immediately watered and clapped her hands together, "Itadakimasu!" then I dug in with a fork on my hand.

"Akemi, you're not a kid anymore! Slow down or you'll choke on your food!" scolded Mito who was just sitting down and preparing herself to eat.

Akemi didn't mind her sister's chitchat and just continued eating the remains on her plate but she felt a tug on her stomach. The young lady gagged and went straight for the bathroom.

"Ha-ha! I knew you would choke on your food sooner or later!" laughed Mito with triumph as she consumed her salmon slowly and elegantly. But Mito also felt something wrong deep inside her. "Akemi-chan, are you alright?"

She was kneeling on the floor with her arms rested on the toilet bowl, her face leaning and vomited. Mito went beside her and patted her back.

"O..Onee-chan, will you be mad at me if..." Akemi's eyes filled with tears. "...if you know I'm pregnant?"

Her sister opened her mouth as if to say something but she closed them and instead, Mito circled her arms around her sister. "Don't worry. I'll take care of you. Who is the father by the way?"

She sighed dreamily. "His name is Ging Freeces." Akemi smiled brightly when she mentioned his name. "He said he lived here in Whale Island as a young boy. Ging is a licensed hunter, that's why I admire him although..." her eyes turned sad. "It can also be a hindrance to our relationship. He's too busy exploring the world that he only has limited time for me...and to my unborn child."

Mito's chest thumped wildly, Ging? My childhood friend? The one I used to play with when I was still young? The boy who found me in hollow when it rained in the mountains? So he really did become a hunter after all huh...

Ging's phrase echoed in Mito's mind, "I'll certainly become a hunter!"

"Onee-chan? Are you even listening to what I'm saying?" Akemi put Mito out of her thoughts.

"A...Akemi-chan, I know Ging, okay. He's my playmate. How did you guys meet anyway?" Mito asked curiously to her sister.

Akemi didn't show any signs of surprise when Mito said she knew Ging. She replied, "I was selling fish that time and he bought some. That's how I met him. He told me he liked me but I shooed him away." She chuckled, remembering that memory.

Mito held that feeling inside her-jealousy. She can't do anything about it since Akemi was the woman Ging chose...not her.

"I..I see. I would like to meet Ging soon so we could tell him about the child inside you." The older sister cleared her throat and got out of the bathroom while Akemi helped Mito with the plates and utensils. "Baka Akemi, don't move around. You're bearing a child so rest. I'll do the chores myself from now on."