Chapter 62

A/n: So I've finally decided to end this fanfiction real soon since defeating Omokage (in Retz's body) would be the climax of this story. I've had a huge writer's block for a long time and couldn't decide on what to write next since HxH episodes are long gone.

I hope you forgive me for the super late update. I'll try to finish this soon so I won't have any regrets not finishing this book.

-------------------

Rikka's POV

"Did y'all miss me?" Retz has asked, a hand on her hip with a sway. Omokage was really getting the hang of his sister's body. I doubt he even cares for her at all.

Gon had just slowly regained his strength from the food I have fed him earlier with. The bruises from his wrists and ankles were still a bluish violet but I could see on his face that he wasn't trying to show that he was hurt. He had been in pain inside that room for too long, I knew.

"I don't know what's going on but give Retz back. She doesn't deserve to be played around like a goddamn toy!" I yelled at the girl in front of me. From her presence, I instantly knew she wasn't the bestfriend I once had. It seems like...she was possessed by someone else.

The blonde licked her lips and her once kind blue eyes shone evilly in the darkness. I was shocked when her voice harmonized with a deeper one.

A man's voice which I assumed was the person possessing Retz.

"Unless you defeat me, you will never have my sister. She's been hurt by all of you so she decided to come back to me and submit herself to my power. With me, she will never feel alone." The two voices in her body spoke in unison.

I felt Gon clench his fist as he pulled his arm away that was draped over my shoulder to help him stand up awhile ago. He winced when he tried to stand up on his own but he held on, just to see Retz straight in the eye.

"Let Retz go. Fight me like a real man, Omokage. You would dare use someone else just to win? You call yourself a strong Nen user when you depend on Retz?" Gon chuckled with sarcasm evident in his tone. I understood that his plan was to provoke this "Omokage guy" to come out of Retz.

Woah, this is like an action movie. But I just preferred to stop thinking that. This was a serious situation.

Killua was silent the whole time and I glanced a bit towards him. His hand was behind his back with his index finger out. My eyes twitched at the sight of electricity slowly building up.

Oh god, are those Killua's powers?

I inched myself closer to Killua since Gon was keeping Omokage distracted. I tried my best not to be noticeable by the villain in front of us but something told me to stay so I listened to my instincts.

Not to be obvious, I moved closer to Gon, acting like I was trying to help him stand so that I could eye communicate with Killlua. Since they have these mysterious powers called "Nen" I assume, I thought that Omokage can hear me whisper.

In the middle of the situation, I felt powerless among them. I was the ordinary human and they were superheroes. I couldn't anything to help but just stand at the side watching them fight for victory.

"I don't mind battling with the two of you right here, right now. I bet I wouldn't even use my 100% power on weaklings like you." Retz spat at the both of them, now switching his voice to his sister's.

Gon put on a stance, stretching his neck and fists. "Why don't we prove you wrong and bring out the man in you huh?" He smirked, which made Retz twitch the corner of her mouth in irritation.

Before Gon could pounce at her, I quievered in fear and worry, "P..Please don't hurt Retz. Don't kill her, I beg you..."

His eyes softened at my request, "I can't promise you anything. I'd do anything to bring her back. Retz has been hurt enough. I realized..that I love Retz." Gon faced me one last time and smiled sadly. "But if it means killing her to kill Omokage, then I don't have a choice. I'm sorry Rikka."

Tears pooled in my eyes and I let go of Gon's arms. My knees gave away and I was down sitting on the floor. Retz's death didn't come to mind when I decided to go here. I thought we would just rescue her and we would be on our way. I didn't want this to happen...

"Rikka, go and wait for us outside." Killua solemnly told me. He knew that there was a possibility that Retz could die. "Everything will be alright.." Killua put his hand on my cheek, carressing it one last time as if saying goodbye. "I love you..."

My mouth hang agape before I could say somethint but a flash of yellow appeared before my eyes. Retz was standing in front of me. "Stop all the emotional bullshit." I felt immense pain on my abdomen, making me fly outside of the building with sheer force.

The last thing I remembered was everything going black and I was out.

Gon's POV

I just witnessed Retz flash before Rikka in a second.

"Fuck!" I cursed under my breath and tried to shield Rikka away from her but Retz held her shoulder in place. I doubt Rikka even saw her coming.

"Stop all the emotional bullshit." Retz rolled her eyes and planted a punch on Rikka's stomach.

I heard Killua scream in horror behind me. "RIKKA!!" His eyes narrowed in anger and I could see his aura becoming stronger each second, electricty surrounding his whole body. His silvery hair spiked up and walked towards Omokage in an assassin way. He split his image in multiple copies.

"WAIT KILLUA! NO!" I went after Killua who was on his way to kill Retz but he zoomed in her and electricuted her frail body.

Retz shook feverously at his attack and I tried to pry Killua off Retz to stop him and think of a way to defeat her without killing her. "KILLUA STOP! WE NEED TO SAVE RETZ, NOT MURDER HER!" I punched him squarely on the jaw and he was awake from what he was doing.

"S..Sorry." He seemed dazed from what I did and massaged that part of his jaw. Killua looked at the now broken wall with a big hole in it where Rikka went through earlier. I hoped that she was fine from that blow she received.

"C'mon," I glanced at Retz who was no holding her knuckles together with a smirk plastered on her lips.

"We got to save someone." I smiled at Killua who did the same back to me.

Like at old times, we stood side by side fighting.

"Osu!" Killua and I yelled.

---------

A/n: This book will be ending soon for the sake of not disappointing my loyal readers of not finishing this book. I'm really sorry for the late update. *sigh*

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter! I'll be working on this so I can end this once and for all.

Meanwhile, who are ARMYs here? :D I just want to share this new BTS fanfiction I'm working on called "Impossibly Possible." It's a Taehyung one. Check it out for me please! That would really mean a lot to me. ARIGATOU!

Thank you all guys for supporting After The Years. :)

~itskarenduuh~