Chapter 45

Rikka's POV

My mind is a mess.

For hours, I have been walking around the busy streets of Tokyo. Even my legs won't move anymore and my stomach is growling because of hunger. I saw a shop nearby so I decided to pass by and buy some burger and fries with a drink.

When I got to the cashier, I zipped open my bag and looked for my wallet. However, it was nowhere to be found.

Blast...Did I forget to bring it with me?

"Uhh, miss. Are you going to pay now?" the cashier guy asked me.

I held out my hand, telling him to wait a minute. I looked in every corner of my bag but I still couldn't find it. "U...Ummm, I forgot my wallet at home..." I glanced up embarrassingly to the cashier guy and begged him with my puppy eyes.

"Sorry miss but it's already on the receipt. You can't put it back now. Pay or I'll call the police-Rikka? Are you Rikka?" he surprisingly asked me.

I curled my brows in confusion, "Do...I know you, sir?"

He pointed his finger to himself, "It's me, Arata!"

Oh damn....

"Arata-kun..." I hummed. "ARATA-KUN?" I exclaimed, getting shocked.

~*~*~*~*~*

"I can't believe I would see you here again." I chuckled at Arata because of our sudden encounter. When Arata left for South Korea, he promised me that we will surely meet again in the future.

Unlike a certain someone...

My childhood friend had surely changed the past few years, his appearance had certainly changed. Before, he used to have this smug and playful look on his face in a good way.

"I'm surprised too. I guess my promise to you has been promised." He grinned at me, munching a burger in his mouth.

I changed the topic, "How have you been?"

Arata finished his burger and opened up his energy drink for a gulp, "I'm rather happy right now!" He put up 3 fingers on his hands, "First, I got a good part-time job. Second, I have a veeery sweet and dependable girlfriend. Lastly, I met you again!"

I'm very happy for you, Arata-kun.

"That's good news." I smiled at him but his face reacted sadly like he noticed that something was bugging me.

"Are you okay?" He asked in concern.

"You could say I'm not. I've been messed up lately." I sighed, massaging my temples.

Arata got something from his bag and gave me one tablet for headaches. "Here." He asked, "Can you even go home in that state?"

"Of course..." When I drank it and tried to stand up, everything around me twirled and my feet wobbled. I was about to thank Arata but I already blacked out.

Gon's POV

I punched Rikka's number on my phone and called her for the nth time. When she left the school hours ago, I knew I had a bad feeling about it. She was upset about something and that worried me.

"Gon, who in the world are you calling at this time? I don't remember you having homeworks lately right?" Mito, who was setting the table, noticed that I was uncomfortable.

It kept ringing. "I'm calling Rikka."

"Your girlfriend? Why?" asked Mito, while checking the desert she was making.

I didn't answer her because I was too focused on calling her. At last, she picked up.

"RIKKA! I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" I suddenly blurted out not knowing who I was talking to.

"Uh...this is Arata, a friend of Rikka. She's currently in my house resting-" An unknown person was at the other end.

I yelled loudly on the phone, catching Ging and Mito's attention in the living room. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?! I SWEAR IF YOU LAY A HAND ON HER I'LL KILL YOU!"

"Calm down, man! I didn't do anything to her! Rikka's like a little sister me! Why don't you listen to my freaking explanation first?!" The Arata guy shot back at me confidently.

I relaxed my body and gave Ging and Mito a glance that I was okay. "Fine...what's your address? I'll pick her up immediately."

Arata told me the address to his house and I ran outside in a hurry of wanting to see her. I boosted up my speed as I zigzagged the streets of Tokyo.

I arrived in Arata's house in a few minutes then I rang the doorbell. My feet won't stop tapping on the ground. Beads of sweat are forming on the corner of my forehead.

At last, a guy of my age went out of the house. He was about my height and he was sickly handsome I might want to destroy that face of his.

"Are you the guy from the phone?" He seemed surprised that I arrived so fast.

I nodded my head in reply and just hopped over his gate since it was just tall as my waist. "Where is she."

Arata followed me inside his house and led me inside of one of the two rooms. There lay my girlfriend with a damp towel on her forehead. Rikka's sick.

"Who might you be? A boyfriend?" asked Arata curiously, crossing his arms in a protective manner.

"Yeah, got a problem with that?" I stared daggers at him. It took him a few seconds to process my attitude towards him like warning him to stay away from us.

Forgive me if I'm this possessive.

"Wow, bro. I know what you're trying to say but please. Believe me, I'm not moving on your girl. Plus, I got one for myself." He winked at me.

I looked at him and we both exchanged serious glances before I decided that he surely was serious that he didn't have feelings for Rikka. "I believe you."
"Great!" He clapped his hands and said, "I'll prepare some food for you guys. I'll be right back." Then Arata left me and Rikka alone.

I smiled, looking at Rikka's peaceful, angelic face. "I was so worried about you, dummy." I placed a kiss on her cheek and she groaned like she was bothered by it. "Don't ever scare me like that again." I picked up a strand of her hair and kissed it.

Arata's short POV

"Sheesh, can I beat a guy that awesome? I guess I don't stand a chance anymore huh..." I smirked to myself.

A/N: WOOOHOOO! HII GUUUYS. NEW CHAPT HEEEEREEEE. :))

AITAI MINNAAAA! DAISUKIIII!

Question: Is Arata making you squeal like a fangirl or something. XD

~KarenZoldyck14~