Chapter Two

Of course I came back for you.

My world started to crumble into dust--THIS IS THE END OF ME.

"Rikka~chan!" A cheerful voice whined at me as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked, trying to look as cold as possible. Not noticing, I was looking in Killua's table. He was surrounded with so many girls. What's so good about him anyway? That guy is a good-for-nothing person. My blood always boil when I see his creepy pale face.

Retz said to me, "I think I saw him in the newspapers somewhere. . .I THINK." She repeated, her eyes narrowing. 'Now don't you get so angry at me-"

"Go on. I'm all ears." I urged her on. If she's giving some interesting information, I would gladly hear her out. I may find out something new about Killua.

She finally started once she shifted closer to me, "I heard Killua was forced to study in the States."

I cut her off, saying, "I know that part. Next?"

She rolled her eyes and continued, "Okay, fine. That hot guy was forced to be an assassin in that country. Because of fear for his father, he agreed so easily. Oh gosh, I'm starting to pity that lad now."

"JUST CONTINUE ALRIGHT?!"

"Jeez, okay!" The blue-eyed girl explained, "So yeah. . .he was famous for being a killer and also a playboy..."

Wait, what? A "playboy"? REWIND! REWIND!

"Yes, you heard me right, Rikka. A playboy. You see...." she pointed her finger secretly at him. "His mother was also like that."

I curled a brow in confusion, "I don't get any of this! He got complicated these years!" I finally finished biting the last of my hotdog and walked out of the canteen when his voice yelled my name in front of his fangirls.

"Rikka!" 

I didn't turn around and just said, "YEAH? You need something?"

"Can I go visit your house later? I want to see your mom and surprise her." He replied happily. Killua was definitely enjoying humiliating me.

Gritting my teeth as I put my hand on my hip, "No need. I'll send her your regards instead." 

His girls started comforting him when he put on his puppy-face expression on. I do really hate this guy.

"You know, maybe you just went overboard." Retz put her unnecessary books inside her locker beside mine.

I sighed, arranging my books properly, "You don't know how I feel. He's really bullying me, it's not that obvious though."

"Maybe he looks like it but isn't there a saying, 'Don't judge a book by its cover'? Why don't you try talking to him about it so you'll get things straightened out." Retz said without taking a breath. 

"Bestie, you're my only friend in this evil world." I rested my hand on her shoulder. "You might not know too! Killua may be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Ugh.... Let's not talk about it anymore shall we?"

She stayed silent and walked with me outside the school. "So...see you tomorrow then." arriving at the opposite ways of the road, Retz said her good-byes.

"Rikka~chan!" Mom spread her arms wide and enveloped me into a tight hug.

"Uhh, why are you so happy today? Did something happen, Mom?" I asked her, as she escorted me inside our home.

She just shook her head and jested me to sit at the couch first. "I have a surprise for you!" 

I started sweating.... I don't have a good feeling about this....

"Hello!" a familiar but intimidating voice boomed out of the blue. 

No freaking way...

"Killua-kun?" I guessed, crossing my legs and arms.

"That's right!" The white-haired boy grinned at me. As if I won't notice that thing behind that smile. "Look! I bought your favorite teddy bear!" He brought out a man-sized stufftoy behind his back and showed it to me. It was brown with a red ribbon tied on its neck. Well it was cute, I couldn't deny it.

I forced a smile on my face, "U..Uh, haha...yeah. This is nice...but-"

He suddenly hugged me, "I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT!"

PANIC MODE! PANIC MODE! EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!

"Wh...What do you think you are doing, punk?!?!?!" I pushed him away with all my strength that he stumbled on the floor.

His eyes showed hurt, "I was just...hugging you?"

Mom gasped when he saw him like a hostage, "Oh my goodness! Rikka! WHAT WERE YOU DOING TO YOUR BESTFRIEND?!"

"He's not-" I opened my mouth to speak by I zipped it up before saying anything else.

My mother helped him stand up and looked at me, "I thought you would feel him welcome, dear. But it looks like I expected something else."

Finally getting the courage to let my heart out, I spoke, "One thing, HE. IS. NOT. MY. BESTFRIEND. ANYMORE! He was away a long time!" I continued, "Oh and remember, Killua? The day after you left, I cried sooo hard because I didn't want you to leave! You just gave me the best gift of all you now that?"

"What gift are you talking about? The teddy bear?" Killua asked.

I leaned my face closer until he saw that gleam in my eyes and whispered, "AGONY..."

Thank you for that 34 reads you gave me! Oh btw, I also thank you the people who read Rec - The Day You Cried. ^_^ Because of them, it got 100+ reads! *bows* I'm now going to focus on this one(If I can..but i'll try) ARIGATO! :))