Chapter Three

HELLO PEOPLE! I'm so sorry I haven't updated for so long. :((

Oh btw, thank you for that 60 reads and that ONE AND ONLY comment! I really REALLY appreciate y'all. >.<

"AGONY..."

His eyes widened in hurt and embarrassment, "Rikka. . . ."

"Are you going to make up something again, Killua?" I snorted, putting a hand on my waist. "Oh please... I had enough of this childish dramas..."

"Rikka-chan, stop talking like that to him!" Mom ordered sternly, her ears smoking.

I rolled my eyes madly, "Mom, now you're teaming up with him?! Just whose fault do you think it is that I was made this way?!" Pointing my finger at the white-haired boy, I yelled, "...HIM!" I quickly ran stomped my way out of the room and went outside to get some fresh air. I want to be free from this. . . .

Tears welled up in the corner of my eyes, "I hate you...." As I continued walking around the neighborhood without a clue, someone poked me lightly on the shoulder. "Retz?" That familiar touch just made want to cry for joy.

She smiled at me with her gentle blue eyes. This girl was the only one who could understand me anyway. "What are you doing here? Looking for someone to punch with?"

I snickered with her little joke, "Sorry, I didn't laugh at all." Sighing, I told her. "Mom and I had a fight."

That was a half-lie.

"And??" Retz crossed her arms.

"What do you mean 'and'? That's it." I finished, feeling a bit guilty lying to my only best friend.

The blonde smiled sadly at me, "You tap your feet a lot of times when you're lying, Rikka-chan." She shook her head in disappointment, "Your lack of trust wounds me, Rikka~chan." Her expression half-sobbing and half-teasing.

"H...Hey Retz! Just because you're in the Drama Club you could act all you want around me! That crying face of yours won't work on me!" I warned her, getting goosebumps on my arms.

She sniffed, her pink cheeks wet from her "artificial" tears, "I'm not faking it you stupid girl. I am really hurt. What happened to you?"

I held myself back. I don't want to cry ever again...

"I don't want to tell... Not today..."

"Tomorrow?" She pleaded.

"The day after that." I shrugged.

"Really?" her eyes sparkled.

I stuck out my tongue, "I was kidding..." Sighing, I decided, "Why don't we eat something and I'll sleep over at your house?" I don't want to face that stupid man around me.

The blue-eyed girl grinned, "Whatever..." Maybe Retz knew what I was thinking.

Killua's POV

What was that woman thinking? It's already 9 PM and she's still not coming! I though, walking back and forth in the living room while her mom stared at me, BORED.

"Can you please stop moving for a second and think clearly?" She suggested, raising a brow. She massaged her forehead tiredly, "Gosh, you're making me dizzy, Killua-kun."

I apologized and sat down beside her, also thinking where she could be. Before I could suggest an idea, the family telephone rang and I immediately went after it and answered, "Rikka, is this you?!"

There was silence on the other line then it went dead. Uh-huh, that was Rikka alright. I dialed the number who called and it rang a few times but didn't answer.

"Who was it?" Rikka's mother asked me, her eyes filled with concern.

I managed a smile on my lips, "It was Rikka. Maybe she was expecting you would answer the phone." I chuckled sadly. Did I miss a point?

When I snapped out of my thoughts, I didn't notice her mother looks at the phone where the recent caller is. "Hey...this is Retz's number! We should go there! I'm sure my daughter is staying over her house."

*AT RETZ'S HOUSE*

I held my breath nervously as I pressed the doorbell.

All seemed in slow motion when the door opened but it came to a halt when I saw the blonde. "Aunt? What are you doing here?" It was just Retz...

"Wh..Where's Rikka-chan? Is she here?" Mom(Rikka's mother told me to call her that) asked the girl, her voice shaking obviously. Her palms were sweaty from worry.

Retz gulped as if...LYING but she kept a straight face, "She's not here. I'm sorry." then she began to close the door in a hurry and I stopped it.

"Where. Is. Rikka?" I asked, my eyes stinging in anger.

She replied back which was unusual, "I said I don't know! Let go of the door!"

I couldn't seem to control myself anymore. Before I knew it, my fist was about to land squarely on Retz.

Omg, I haven't updated for like...months?? And I was surprised this got 100+ reads! Again, DOMO ARIGATOU!!! *bows* I'm going to update....NOW! >.<