Chapter 39

Rikka's POV

My alarm dinged loudly near my ears, irritating me so early in the morning. I buried my face on my soft pillow and pulled up my blanket high enough to cover my whole body from the blinding sunlight.

I groaned as I touched the corner of my mouth for any dry saliva sticking there. Thank goodness there wasn't. After a few minutes of lying there, I finally sat up straightly and stretched my arms to the side.

I picked up my phone that was already fully charged on my night stand. There were 2 messages in my inbox. I tapped the icon and the first one who appeared was Gon's message.

From Gon:

Ohayou Rikka. :) I'll pick you up at 7:30 AM sharp. See you later!

My cheeks rose from smiling too much just because of his message. I noticed there was still something at the end.

Are...we still okay?

What does he mean by "okay"? I thought, not having an idea of what he was saying. I just ignored that last sentence and got ready for another busy day at the festival.

Once I got into my uniform, I only let my wavy brown hair down since it is pretty cold today even though the sun is out hot from my window. Maybe because it's still 6 AM.

Someone knocked on my door. "Rikka-chan?" It was Mom.

I walked with my hands pulled out to turn the knob. My mother was wearing a floral dress and leather sandals like she's going to go out. "Yes, Mom?"

"I'm meeting with my highschool friends later. Guess what! We're having a reunion!" She squealed excitedly, her skirt fluttering around.

"Oh wow...That's great." I commented boredly and asked, "How long will your reunion be?"

"Hmm, the whole day I guess? I'll be home at about 8 PM. Are you going to be okay? Would you like me to cook you dinner now for tonight?" She said worriedly.

I nodded my head, "I'll be fine, Mom. I'm a big girl now. Well, I should just make my dinner later. Or maybe I'll invite Ret-" I stopped speaking.

I can't invite Retz... We're still fighting. Dang, I forgot about the other message. I'll check it when Mom leaves.

So Mom didn't say anything after that and gave me a peck on the cheek. "I'm leaving! Take care, dear."

"Okay, be careful on the way." I waved at the porch as she walked away from our house, skipping happily.

I checked my watch and it's already 7 AM. Thirty minutes left before Gon arrives. I fished out my phone from my pocket and checked the other MMS I received.

From: Retz My Bae ❤❤

Umm..Hi Rikka. Can I walk by your house today? I just want to talk to you about something. Please, it'll only take awhile.

My heart jumped in joy. Nice timing, I also wanted to see her today. I tapped my message on my phone and sent it to her quickly.

To: Retz My Bae ❤❤

Sure, let's talk.

Holy cow...I don't think I can talk to her properly. Too nervous..Too nervous...

At exact 7:05, she pressed the doorbell and I fetched it, walking briskly. I couldn't contain the happiness I'm feeling right now.

As I looked at her appearance, her hair was still the same color like before but her facial features changed. Her cheeks have sunk deep and there were large dark bags under her pretty blue eyes. Her arms were thinner and her uniform was hanging on her skinny figure like a hanger.

"H..Hi..." She greeted weakly to me, smiling up a bit to lighten the atmosphere. "Long time no talk huh..."

I told her as mean as I can, "Yeah. So what do you want?"

She played her fingers together and muttered hoarsely, "I just want to say sorry for what I've done. I really didn't remember that I did what I did before. I know your trust for me has wavered but please...still believe me."

I wanted to hug and say that I forgive her but I can't bring myself to do it. I was too furious to do that. I wanted to ask her why she was this weak and thin. I was worried for her.

"And so? What do you expect me to do?"

She chuckled but Retz coughed after, "I was expecting you to forgive me but I guess that won't happen after all. I just think that I don't deserve someone as kind as you, Rikka. You were too much of a blessing for me. It's like you're in Heaven and I'm in Hell."

I stayed silent with my arms crossed. Tears pooled in my eyes, threatening to overflow at any moment.

She came closer and held my hands in hers. God, she was cold. What did she do to herself?

"I love you so much Rikka. I love, love, love you. You're the bestest friend I could ever have my whole life." She was crying already. "I...I want us to be like before. C..Can you give me a second chance? P..Please?"

I didn't answer her question at all. Not now....I can't say it today...

"Leave...I don't want to see your face ever again." Those words left my mouth without me even realizing it.

Her blue eyes were so sad...I want to hug her...I want to cry with her but I didn't do it. I HURT HER..I hurt Retz...

She let go of my hands and said, "Okay..I respect your decision. Thanks for letting me come and talk to you." Retz wiped her tears even though they just kept coming out of her eyes. "Sayonara, Rikka..."

It was already 7:30 AM when she left and then Gon arrived after. I kneeled on the ground and I cried so hard that my wailing could be heard miles away. Gon couldn't help but stay with me and comfort me until I calmed down.

This is the worst day ever...

A/N: *sobs so hard* :'(((( Dang it... I cried while writing this chapter. I'm sorry if it doesn't have any romance. I just want this to be dramatic for now. *cries again*

Question: When you had a serious fight with a friend, what did you do to restore your friendship? Did your bond break even after talking about it?

~KarenZoldyck14~