Chapter 56

A/n: Hi guys! Here's a drawing of Gon and Retz in one of the scenes in this chapter so watch out for it. Please don't judge my drawing if they don't look like the characters xD I tried my best to imitate them.

I cannot remember Retz's hairstyle but I can vividly make out curls on the side of her face then kinda wavy down to her waist. As for Gon, I just drew spikes on his hair. HAHAHA so yaaah. Omg he looks like the guy from Haikyuu. HAHAHA

-----

Gon's POV

I woke up feeling dizzy as if I have been a drunkard for a million years. I couldn't remember the last thing that had happened to me except that I broke up with Rikka...

Yeah...I remember...

I looked down, trying hard not to cry. I couldn't help it. I still loved her after all. Wait...what time was it? I should be at the gasoline station by now!

When I tried to put my wrist near to my face, I couldn't. I heard a clinging sound of chains. Chains?

How come I'm in chains?

"You're awake, Gon-kun." A girl's voice brought my head up quickly.

Rikka's bestfriend, Retz was there looking outside a large window with such bored look in her eyes like she waited for me to wake up. She stared at me with such admiration, walking towards me. She wore an old-fashioned dress like the ones in England which fit her foreign feautures.

"Retz? What...Why am I like this? Can you help me remove this stuff on me?" I pleaded, referring to my chains but I got a different reaction from her.

Oh crap...I remember now. I was in the school hallway and then Retz talked to me then the next thing I knew, I blacked out.

I glared at her, "What do you want with me?"

She didn't answer my question and slowly crept towards me. Retz kneeled and leaned in forward to touch my face.

My face sweated so much because I feared she might do something to me again.

"If I was Rikka, would you love me that way you did to her?" She whispered softly. Her voice was intoxicating like she was trying to control me but I held my ground.

I gritted my teeth, "Maybe not. You're a traitor to Rikka! You knew all along that she liked Killua and then you steal him away? What kind of a friend are you..?

"I did all of that to gain your attention. You were in love with that girl after all. Shouldn't you be thanking me because you got together?" She stated calmly.

"You wanted to gain my attention?" I laughed sarcastically at her, "In your dreams! I won't even look at your pathetic face! You were so kind before and now you turned into this!" I could almost spit at her face but I held myself back.

Her expression was unreadable but I could feel the loneliness from her eyes.

Eyes... I wondered.

"Do I know you?" I suddenly blurted out.

She looked up, a little startled, "Of course you do. What kind of question is that?"

I shook my head, asking the question more clearly, "No. I meant, did I know you before? Maybe a few years back?"

Retz smiled, which kinda made my skin crawl. She knows something I didn't, for sure. "So it finally dawned to you. Took you long enough, Gon. I even thought you would recognize me the day we first met."

I explained, "The Retz I knew was dead long ago! She burned with her evil brother inside that mansion!"

She glared at me, "My brother is not evil. Watch your words, Gon...."

I continued speaking, "That's why when I met you, I didn't think second thoughts about you! I decided that you looked just like her! You're not our Retz!" I told her, defensively.

Retz was silent for a few moments before she took a long deep breath, "That day, when the mansion burned me and my brother to death, I regretted staying with onii-chan. I wanted to be with you and Killua forever." She stood up, holding the side of her dress and walked a few feet away from the door.

"When I opened my eyes, the fire had stopped already. My brother was burned to ashes and I...was saved. My face was scarred so badly and my legs won't move. Did you know who saved me that time?"

I stared at her.

"It was Rikka who saved me. Her family saw the black smoke from the mansion and immediately called an ambulance to check if there were still survivors. It was me." She made a small smile on her face and opened the door, with a loud creak.

"And your main point?" I questioned.

Retz answered, "It was finally my chance to be reunited with you." After that, she closed the door and left me thinking,

Why me of all people...?

Retz's POV

YOU REGRETTED STAYING WITH ME THAT DAY?! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT!

"I..I'm sorry, brother. I said that to catch Gon's attention more. Yamete..." I cried, clutching my my forehead with the massive headache Omokage's giving me. "Yamete onii-chan. You're hurting me..."

You betrayed me, imouto! So you used me just to get back at that boy?! You're such an imbecile!

"Onegai, onii-chan," I sobbed in pain, "Yamete...!" I leaned on the wall for support. I felt like my skull would break into half with this headache!

That's what you get for saying that! I should have never trusted you! I should have taken control of you when I had my consciousness inside your body! You're such a useless doll!

I cried harder, "Gomenasai! Gomenasai, onii-chan! Please don't leave me... you're the only one I have left!" My heart was hurting a lot. It felt like being stabbed by my brother's words. 

NO! I had enough! I'll do everything myself. You're spoiling my plan already!

My vision started to blur and my knees starting to wobble weakly like a sickly kid who's trying to walk with sheer willpower only. "Stop...Don't do this to me." I couldn't move my hands and feet anymore.

Then before I could even realize it, Omokage had completely taken control of my body.

I'm sorry Gon, Rikka, Killua. I hurt you all because of my selfishness. Please...don't lose to my brother. I cried.

Save me....!

A/n: *feels like giving Retz a million slaps*

WHAT CAN YOUR SORRY DO TO THEM, HUH?!

*calms down*

I am very sorry for my sudden outburst. lel Hai guuythssss. *waves*

Question: If you were in Gon's place, how would you react to Retz in this chapter?

~KarenZoldyck~