Chapter 29

"What the fuck are you looking at," Corey exclaims, everyone going back to what they were doing.

"They're just jealous," I whisper, leaning over to him.

"Yeah, jealous that a baby got held my me, a god," he whispers back, making me roll my eyes and playfully slap his arm with the back of my hand, making him laugh.

"You're certainly not," I say, sitting back up.

"I am too," he says, going back to signing. 

I do too and right before we leave, a woman quickly sets a box in front of my seat, running back out while waving to us. Thankfully, Ari came before we left and she got the box for me while I carried the other two boxes.

"What 'cha got," she asks, sitting on her knees in front of the decorated box and picking it up. And yes, pinch the ass still goes on.

"That I'm opening on the bus. But, I'll keep it with me so I can show you later. Tomorrow," I say.

"Can we open the other ones," she asks, me nodding and handing her a tall box that she carried. I open the other one and we both hold up what we got, which was shoes. I got roller skates and Ari got really tall heels.

"That's what she meant by wheels," I say, putting them back and stacking the box on top of Ari's.

"I gotta go, bye," she says, hugging me and leaving out the back door. I stand and wait for the guys to end, leaning against the wall and checking the time. I got an hour to kill.

-1 hour later-

I check the time and stand up, hearing the ending and the crowd cheering. After a minute, I see the guys walking back, Sid running to me and jumping, clinging onto me even though I have my Air Walks on. He wraps his legs around me and locks his ankles, hugging me around the neck.

"If this is what it's like to have a kid, I'm going to hate it and love it at the same time," I say, hugging him around the ribs. Paul takes a picture and Sid lets go, picking up my drawing book and pencil I was using.

"Ooh, drawing book," Sid teases, opening it and finding the chibi drawings of the nine guys in their masks and coveralls. 

As he looks at the chibis, I pick up the boxes and starts to walk, Sid catching up and putting the pencil behind my ear while he flips through the drawings in the book. I step on the bus and set my boxes on my bed, Sid sitting on my bed where I was going to and looking at a drawing I did when he crowd surfed.

"Wow, just wow," he says, closing it and handing the book to me. 

I set it on the lounge table and sit in my spot, Sid sitting on the floor in front of Corey's feet, who's sitting on his bed with Shawn. Joey sits in front of Shawn and hands Corey his present, everyone looking at me. I open the roller skates one and take them out, Corey getting what the girl said.

(these are the roller skates)

"That's what she meant," he says, me agreeing

"What's in yours," I ask, putting the box with the others. He opens his and holds up a smaller box, his face confused.

"Oh god, she did this," I say, sitting back in my bed. He opens the smaller box and sighs, holding up another smaller box. This goes on until there's a ring box in his hand.

"I swear if it's a piece of paper," he starts, opening it.

"Oh my god," he says quietly, taking a ring out. It was a silver ring with a black circle on the front, a silver 8 in the middle. He puts it on his first finger and holds his hand up to eye height, admiring it.

"Well, you beat me," I say, making him laugh.

"Yeah, but roller skates," he says, making me laugh.

"Okay fine, she both gave us great gifts," I say, Corey agreeing. I open the tall shoes and all of them are surprised, but not as much as the last ones.

 I open the tall shoes and all of them are surprised, but not as much as the last ones

"Okay this is just," Joey starts, thinking of what it is.

"I think you should try them," I say, him glaring at me.

"No," he says sternly.

"It's not that bad actually," Sid says, taking my side. Joey thinks about it and extends his hands for the shoes. I hand them to him and he puts them on, his feet sliding to the front and leaving an inch at the back. He puts his hand out for a hand up and I help him up.

"I've never had a view like this on my own," he says, slightly looking down to see me. He sits back down and takes them off, rolling his ankles.

"Heels fucking hurt too," he says, Sid agreeing.

"That's probably because one, your feet and ankles aren't used to being like that and two, they're a size or so bigger than what yours are, so your toes have more pressure on them from the rest of your foot and ankle trying to stay upright," I explain, Joey surprised I know this.

"What's in this," Sid asks, holding the wrapped box. I take it and cut it open, seeing some weird shoes.

I hold them up and the eyes move since they're real googly eyes

"How do people come up with these shoes," Shawn asks, throwing his hands up.

"Talent," I say. I feel the fur and it's really soft, like silk. The other guys feel them and they have the same reaction: Wow. I put them back and tighten the bow, keeping it closed.