Chapter 48

I take off my shoes and do a heel stretch, not impressing the guys.

"I can do that," Joey says, standing and doing a heel stretch with me.

"Can you do this though," I ask, bending into a full backbend. My head goes through the gap between my knees and I grab my ankles, relaxing and bending further down. I hear my back crack about 5 or 6 times, and the guys get worried.

"Did you break something," Corey asks.

"No. My back just cracked from not doing this for quite a long time. Arron wouldn't like me doing this because it made me look possessed," I say, straightening back up.

"What else can you do," Jim asks.

"Well, I can do this," I say, bending down into a triple fold. I put my arms out through my knee spaces and put my hands palm-down under my chin.

"Damn, you're like a Twizzler," Joey says, all of them hypnotized by my movements. 

I unfold myself and fold my legs over my shoulders, pushing up with my hands to bring my feet off the floor. I put my feet into pike and my ankles crack, making me crack my toes by curling them. I lift one hand and crack my fingers and wrist, putting it back and doing the same with the other.

"How do you do that," Jim exclaims, throwing his hands up.

"I've practiced for a long time. And I've been flexible since birth," I say. I unfold and sit on my knees, smiling. Somehow, doing that got rid of my headache.

"If you want to be more flexible, try doing a straddle," I say, Joey doing it and achieving a wide v.

"Like this," he asks. I nod and do it too, going into a middle split.

"Yeah, but I'm doing a middle split. You're actually doing a straddle," I say, the others trying it. They only can achieve a wide-ish v or just slightly wider.

"But if you really want to stretch," I say, walking my hands out in front of me and laying flat.

"You can do this," I say, looking up to see all of them trying it and failing.

"Ow," they all say, sitting up and rubbing their hips.

"But, if you want to look like a weird spider person, you can try this," I say, tucking my lower legs in to make a sort of horizontal sumo squat.

"That doesn't look that hard," Joey says, trying it and failing.

"Nope, I was wrong," he says, going back into a straddle.

"Can you do the exorcist walk," Chris asks.

"Yeah," I say, going into the position. 

I turn to him and start walking to him, his eyes widening and his mouth opening to scream. He jumps up and starts running around, making me chase him like that. I stop and stand up, my back cracking some more. Chris stops and hunches down, putting his hands on his knees.

"I want to try that," Joey says, tucking his legs under him.

"You want me to show you how," I ask, him nodding.

"So first you get on your back," I say, laying on my back. He copies me and looks at me, my braid looping around my head on the floor.

"Next, you put your hands under your arms, like so," I say, putting my hands under my arms and slightly bending my elbows. He copies me and waits, the other guys trying it.

"Next, you tuck your legs under you," I say, doing so. They all do it and I push up, taking two steps toward my hands.

"Lastly, push up with your hands and feet. And don't forget to curve your spine, otherwise it'll look a lot weirder than the actual pose," I say. Joey, Craig, Sid and Chris get the spine curve, making them look like me. The others got to the bridge, but not the spine curve.

"If you need help on the curve, try walking your feet or hands to the other. It helps me," I say, standing and watching them in case they get hurt from face planting. I've done it a few times and it's not a pleasant feeling. They walk their feet to their hands and they get the curve, making it look like all of them are possessed.

"What's going on here," Ari asks, standing next to me. She has her camcorder out and recording, taping the guys looking like they're Regan from The Exorcist.

"Just teaching the guys to look like Regan from the Exorcist," I say.

"Wait," Corey starts, trying to look up. The curve in his spine prevented him from doing it, though.

"How did your friend get in here," he asks.

"I heard 9 talking, so I walked in," she says, the guys getting confused on why she called me 9.

"Little help," Corey says. I walk over to him and grab under his ribs, pulling him up.

"Thanks," he says, helping the others up with me. Ari stops recording and puts the camcorder away, hugging me after.

"You're warm," she says, letting go and putting a hand on my arm.

"I just showed them how I stretch when I'm at home," I say, their jaws dropping.

"You do that as a stretch," Mick exclaims. I laugh and nod, all of them rethinking what I do at home.

"What music do you stretch with," Ari asks.

"Koᴙn, Linkin Park, Seether, Drowning Pool, what I usually listen to. If you were thinking nice meditation music, you're far off," I say.

"Did you get the new Koᴙn album," she asks. The opening ends and their opening starts, making them walk to the door. They pinch my ass and walk out, putting on their masks as they do.