Chapter 111

(If you've come this far, good for you. I didn't expect people to read this anyway.)

-July 9th, '08-

"Do you have to go," Griffin asks.

"Yeah hon, I do," I say. I've really bonded with Griffin, and he thinks I'm Corey's sister from how my hair looks and how I have the same eye color.

"Okay. Have fun," he says, hugging me. 

I hug him and leave, hopping on the bus. Paul switched with Craig, and he's sitting straight-backed on the couch. Like he always does.

"Finally, a quiet one," I joke, getting his attention.

'Fuck you,' he blinks, making me smile.

"Married remember," I retort, getting a middle finger instead.

"Hey Liz, come here," Sid says. I take off my shoes and slide in, stopping in front of the booth.

"You summoned me," I ask.

"Look at this," he says. 

He slides a picture over to me and I pick it up, dropping it after I look at it. Haters had made a hay replica of me and they tied it up to a post like a witch burning. The picture was taken just as the fire they lit reached the replica's shin.

"I... I didn't know they hated me this much," I say.

"But look at the amount of people. Only 5 or 6 people there," he tries to cheer me up. First fucking day and I already feel like dying.

"That's not that many people. But their actions are horrible," I say.

"They think I'm a witch," I say.

"Why do you think that," Joey asks.

"Because that's how they would burn witches in the way-back times. Just like this," I explain.

"If you are a witch, you're a good witch for sure," Corey says.

"Thanks for trying guys, but I already know they hate me," I say, walking back to Craig.

"To be honest," I start, seeing his eyes fiery with anger. Wonder why.

"You're one of my favorites. I can tell you any secret and you won't tell it to other people," I say, his eyes cooling down a bit.

"Now, my favorite would be Sid, but you're second," I continue, sitting next to him. His eyes cool down a bit more.

"I'm going to like having you on this bus for the tour," I say, getting hugged by him.

-afternoon-

"Let's see your mask," Sid says.

"Nah, it's too cool," I say, getting puppy eyes from the guys. Except Craig. He's straight-faced.

"Aww, come on. We always do this," Joey says.

"You might get nightmares from it," I say. They roll their eyes this time.

"Please Liz, show us your mask," Corey says.

"Fine. I warned you," I say. I put my mask on the table and they blink a few times, registering my mask.

 I put my mask on the table and they blink a few times, registering my mask

"How are you going to sing," Corey asks.

"Easy. The teeth come out like so," I say. I push the teeth out to the inside and an opening appears. They look at the mask, then me. I roll my eyes and put it on, buckling the two straps in the back. One on the top of my ear and one under my ear.

"And now I can sing and talk like a normal person," I say.

"You're right, I might actually get nightmares," Joey says. I smile an insane smile and he shudders, looking away.

"How long did it take you to make this," Sid asks. I take my mask off and set it down, letting the guys look at it.

"A couple hours," I say.

"I don't believe you," Joey says, making me smile.

"Remember when I got married," I start, him nodding.

"I made all of the suits and dresses. In one day. I think I could make a mask in a couple hours," I say.

"Right, forgot about that," he says.

"Anyway," I start, putting the teeth back in.

"About the shows. I was thinking, and I told Corey this, that I would play a part in a few shows," I say.

"What parts," Sid asks.

"All. It's okay if you don't want me to do your part, but Corey said I could sing for a show," I say.

"Are you kidding? You can play my part," Joey says.

"I'd love to see you try my part," Sid says.

"Craig," I ask.

'I don't trust you, but I'll let you do my part.'

"Thanks," I say.

"Let's just hope the other guys are just as lenient as you guys," I say.

"I'm sure they will be. They know that you'll do your best, just like I do," Sid says.

"My best? How doubting are you," I ask.

"Kinda doubting. Being me in this band is pretty crazy," he says.

"Oh yeah? It's just as hectic being backstage than being on stage. Not to mention I have to watch you guys hurt yourselves and each other most of the time," I retort, leaning to him.

"But you get hugs from me and the other guys," Sid says, going puppy-eyed.

"And you guys get hugs from me. What's the difference," I say, going stone cold.

"She got you there," Joey mutters to him.

"Shut up, I'm trying to win this," Sid spits at him.

"Hate to break it to ya, but I think you lost," Corey says.

"How," Sid asks.

"Because," he gestures to me, "are you really going to try to beat her in an argument? She's like the goddess of arguing. She even argues with Sakari!"

"Okay, tell you what," Sid starts.

"If you can win this argument, I'll let you even brag about it to the other guys," he says.

"Nah, I'd rather have you not doubt me than get bragging rights," I say.

"That's too wholesome," Joey says, putting a hand to his heart.