Chapter 106

-May 30th; Athens, Greece-

"You ready," I ask Jim. He looks a little nervous today and I don't know why.

"Kinda," he says.

"Kinda? What's up with you today," I ask.

"I don't know. I just have that feeling, ya know? That feeling of 'something's going to happen'," he says.

"Maybe the barricade's going to break again," I say. Last time I was in the crowd, the barricade broke and they almost got flooded on stage.

"No, not that. Something involving us, ya know," he says

"I don't know, maybe you're feelings are broken from all that Red Bull," I say. The opening starts and I sneak out after the 'pinch the ass'. I get a front row place, but let a few kids go in front of me.

-the fall-

I get the same feeling as Jim, so I look at him. He looks at me and I nod, him nodding back.

"So please, please, help me sing this so-"

Corey trips and I could hear either the mic hitting the ground or his skull impacting with the stage. Either way, I wanted to go up there and see if he's okay. Mick walks in front of him and I lean over, seeing Corey bent over and trying to stop the hurting. Something that I do often. He bravely limps to the front and the spotlight goes back on him.

"That really fuckin' hurt," he says. The maggots cheer and he puts a hand out, putting it back down.

"Alright, shut up," he says, taking his position.

"Now that I've made an ass out of myself are ya ready to help me sing a song," he asks, the crowd cheering. He's definitely going to get hugs from me after the show.

-after the show-

I wait for the guys, and I see Corey limping out after them. I get hugs from Sid, but he knows that I want to help Corey. He lets go and I stop Corey, looking at the side of his head.

"Are you okay? I saw the fall you took," I say.

"To be honest," he starts.

"I hurt. I twisted my ankle and nailed my head up there, and I don't feel like moving," he admits.

"Come on," I say, giving him a piggy-back ride. It's the least I can do. 

He hangs onto my neck and I put my hands under his knees, feeling the heat radiating off of him. Me on the other hand, I'm like an ice pack compared to them. I hop on the bus and set him on the couch, ordering him to rest.

"You don't need to tell me twice," he says.

"I'll be back in a couple minutes," I say, taking his mask.

"I gotta wash this fuckin' thing," I mumble as I put it on his bunk. 

I get him his clothes from before and walk back, seeing him slumped over the arm of the couch. I pick him up and put his head over my shoulder, carrying him to the bunks. I put him in his and take his mask, looking at all of the caked on gunk on the inside.

"At least there isn't sick in it," I mumble, putting it with the other masks.

I sit with Sid and lean my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes. All of my energy's been drained from worrying, and now I don't even want to work on the wedding invitations.

"Tired," he asks.

"Mhmm," I hum.

"How are you so cold," he asks, putting a hand on my upper arm.

"I'm just that cool," I say, hearing his eyes roll.

"Sid," I start.

"I don't know what I'd do without you. My life wouldn't be as good as it is now without your sense of humor," I say.

"What did you do to Liz," he jokes.

"I'm being honest for once in my life so take it before you can't breathe from being punched in the throat," I threaten.

"There she is," he says, making me smile. 

-night-

Sid and I are sitting on the couch like usual, and Sid's drawing on my legs while I'm reading. He started drawing on my legs after he found out he can use a dry-erase marker to write important dates on the metal parts of the shins. 

A little visualization about my legs, they're mostly metal plates and metal joints to keep it movable. They're shaped metal plates about an 1/8 inch thick and need a polishing from how much stuff is on them. 

If you look at one leg, there's a metal plate on my shin, one that shapes my calf, one on my knee to keep the metal joint safe and two around my thigh to keep my thigh safe because I know I'll do something incredibly stupid one day and that'll save the rest of my leg. I put metal joints, industrial grade durable because I like to jump up and down the stage, under the plates to keep them safe. 

If you were to take the plates off, you would see a big cellular beam-type skeleton that serves as the base of the structure. That cellular beam hooks up to a hinge-like system which them hooks up to another beam just like the other; but shorter. The hinge-like system is just a fastener and a nut welded to the end with a washer in between the two beams to keep them from rubbing together.

Then there's the supports. It's a bunch of solid metal rods hooked up to the plates and a few, get this, shock absorbers. The shocks are spot-welded to the main beam and are stationed at the Achilles tendon and the sides of the ankle. It's essential to have those when you're me, because without them the main beam and sub-skeleton would've been shattered by now. 

Lastly, there's the springs. I had made improvements to the functionality to the ankle and knee. There are springs on the back of the knee and the ankle to represent the tendons and how they work. They aren't very strong springs, but they are useful when it comes to running and walking with the guys.