Chapter 68

---time skip---

It's time to go up on stage. I walk to the stage and I hear Corey looking for me, not finding me in the crowd. I put my mask on with one hand and climb the stairs, walking out like I would without a life-threatening wound. I've gotten paler and I can feel my breathing get fast. I put my other hand on Corey's shoulder and he turns, smiling.

"Where did you come from," he asks.

"Backstage," I say. He notices that I'm paler than normal, but he doesn't say he does for the fan's sake.

"Alright. Ready," he asks the crowd. I start to feel dizzy and light-headed, but I blink hard and put my hand to my head. Sid notices I'm not being myself, so he stands behind me as they all sing happy birthday to me.

"Are you feeling okay," he asks.

"Just between me and you, no," I say. That makes him worry. They end the song and the fans cheer, clapping like madmen.

"What was your birthday wish," Corey asks. He puts the mic to my mouth and I blink hard again, everything going dark. Like someone put a dimmer switch on my eyes.

"That I live through this," I say. Before he could ask what I mean, everything goes dark and I feel myself falling back.

-Corey's POV-

"That I live through this," she says. 

Before I could ask, she falls back and goes limp. Sid catches her and put his arms under hers, making me worry. Her hand that was on her stomach came off, and it's covered in blood. Her stomach's half covered in blood, and there's what looks like a stab in it. Sid lowers her to the ground and the fans go crazy, trying to get on stage.

"Okay, calm down," I say into the mic. Sid puts his hands on the stab and holds it, mumbling something under his breath.

"We have it under control for now. Please, calm down," I say. 

They watch as I put the mic on the stand, all of the maggots turning to the entrance. Two paramedics enter with a stretcher and they make a path to the stairs, staying quiet except for the little mumbles and whispers. The paramedics set the stretcher down and Sid steps back, both of us really wanting to go with.

"You go Sid," I say. He hugs me and goes with them, leaving us to find where they took her.

"Is she going to be okay," a maggot yells out.

"We don't know. I just hope her wish comes true," I say into the mic. We go backstage and all of us are silent, hoping she's okay.

-Sid's POV-

I hop in the back of the ambulance in my Slipknot attire and mask, really not caring at the moment. I stay out of the paramedic's way and they glance at me, raising an eyebrow when they see the mask. I ignore them and grab Liz's hand, getting blood on my hand. I hold it as we ride to the hospital, my mind racing like crazy. 

Why would someone do this? Did they do it on accident? Was it deliberate? Did she do this herself? Was it a jealous maggot? Was it a hater that took it too far? Are they going to get caught? Is she going to be okay? Will we have to reschedule a few dates on the tour? How long will she be in the hospital? Will she be sent home instead of finishing the tour?

"Sir, you can get out," the paramedic says. 

I hop out and they take her in, making me follow like a lost puppy. They kick me out to the waiting room and thankfully, there's no one there. I sit in one of the chairs and put my head on my hand, leaning on the armrest.

---time skip---

I get allowed to go back to her room and I walk there, getting odd looks from the nurses and doctors. I enter her room and I almost burst into tears when I see her. Even though there was barely anything on her, she still had a blood bag, IV bag, nasal cannula and a heart rate monitor on her. 

I sit in the seat next to her bed and put my hand on hers, it feeling cold as usual. I take my mask off and set it on my lap, fixing her braid so it's not under her arm. I open my mouth to say something, but my phone goes off.

"Hello," I answer it.

"Hey, where are you," Corey asks.

"I think we're at the UConn Health hospital," I say. I look out the window and see the sign saying what I said.

"Great. We'll be there in a few minutes," he says. 

He hangs up and I put my phone back, sitting back down in the seat. It's well past 10, so she might not wake up until tomorrow. But, she's Liz. She could wake up and walk out of the hospital like nothing happened in the next minute. Sure enough, the other guys arrive with my clothes.

"Here, you go change while we look after her," Paul says. 

I take my clothes and walk into the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. I shake my head and change, washing off my face paint. I put the water on cold and cup my hands, putting it to my face. I pause and almost drown myself, thinking about why someone would want to stab Liz. 

She's so nice to everyone, even when she's a little on the 'I'm going to murder you if you even say a syllable to me' side. I snap out of it and walk back, seeing the other guys sitting wherever they can and leaving me the seat next to her. I take the seat and put my coveralls on the floor by my feet, putting my mask on them.

"Do you think she's going to be okay," I ask Corey. He knows her better than anyone else here.

"If she's the Liz I know, she'll be out of here at the earliest of a couple hours," he says. Let's hope and pray he's right.