Chapter 103

-interview-

I walk with the guys and I tell Corey a joke to cheer him up. He laughs like he does and we walk in, me being the last person.

"Hey, what up dawg," she says, making me cringe.

"HEY SHUT UP," Corey yells in front of me, making me laugh.

"Hey fuck you too," she says as Corey repeats it.

"The love is overwhelming here now all y'all standing up for me so uh Slipknot has arrived in case you haven't noticed by the beautiful treatment that I get from the band," she says, making my writer brain go crazy. Could she at least breathe?

"Always," Corey says, her repeating it.

"Feel that, there it is," Corey says after he flips the camera she has off.

"Thanks a lot baby thanks for making it what's goin' on motherfuckers," she asks. I can feel a headache already and this is the first damn question.

"Alright all y'all need to be over there by 9 because she's obviously is the least crazy of this band even though she isn't really a part of the band itself but the 9 guys say she is," she says. The guys stand by me and I get to stand next to Corey and Chris.

"Alright well fuck let's get right onto this what the hell's been goin' on what's new- you've had a lot of new shit goin' on, what can people expect from you now after the last time they saw you in 2001," she asks. Finally, she took a breath.

"Basically, it's kinda back to basics with everything, ya know, uh with the tour there was so much, going on..."

I look at Jim while he's pointing the camera down the woman's shirt, and I shake my head silently. He points it at her ass and I shake my head more, looking down at my feet.

"... and we've been shredding through it, ya know. I mean America had no idea..."

Jim and Chris play around with the camera and Joey watches, both of them playing with the camera over his head. I watch with him and I think to myself: 'How the hell did I become friends with them? After all these years I still have no idea.' She takes the camera from Jim and for the first time, I almost jumped out of my skin from Corey.

"PAY ATTENTION-"

"I am motherfucker!"

 "-TO ME! YOU'RE PISSING ME OFF!"

"Oh I'm so sorry," she says sarcastically.

"I know," Corey says back.

"So Metallica had to get a fuckin' shrink to oversee them while they were recording Saint Anger did you guys feel at any point that you need any psychological help in order to deal with each other once again after all this time," she asks.

"Girl, do you ever breathe," I exclaim, making her jump.

"I mean, I don't mind you suffocating, but please finish the interview before you die," I say.

"Why do people keep asking us that," Corey groans.

"Because you're some crazy motherfuckers," she exclaims.

"If a psychologist stepped in, and got involved with this band, he'd need one. He'd pop the lid," Chris says.

"Yeah he would," I agree.

"But, if you really want to know if we did, we didn't. It was 9 that really helped us to pick our stuff up and get moving with this album," Joey says, making me smile.

"How did she help you? She's just as fuckin' crazy as you," she asks.

"She's actually very down to earth and she keeps her calm when we get into arguments or fights. She tries to resolve them as best she can without picking sides," Joey explains.