Chapter 40

"Sid, I have to sleep," I say, pulling my hair and making him spin out of it. He spins until the couch, sitting down and a little shocked.

"What just happened," Joey asks, rolling up in my hair to experience what it's like. I pull my hair and he spins out, sitting next to Sid with the same look.

"Okay, time for bed," I say, picking up my hair and walking to the beds. 

I put my hair up into a bun on the top of my head and grab my pajamas, walking into the bathroom and changing. I pull up my pant leg and look at the cuts, some of them healed. I walk out and grab my brush, all of the other guys appearing in front of me with theirs.

"May we assist you with your Rapunzel hair," Sid asks, making me smile.

"Yes you may," I say, sitting in my bed and crossing my legs. I face away from them and take my hair out, it falling gracefully to the floor. They start and I remember when my mom would brush my hair, singing sweet songs to me as she does.

"How long is Rapunzel's hair," I would ask her as she takes long, slow strokes of the brush through my hair.

"They say it's 70 feet long, as golden and as soft as yours, honey. No one's ever been able to grow it that long in real life, but you can be the first," she would say, making me smile.

"And," Corey says, getting my attention. I turn my head and he's at the ends, taking one last run through from the start to the end. He brushes from start to the end, putting down his brush.

"Done. Wow, that's a lot of hair," he says as I put it back up in a bun.

"It's about to get longer because I've made a decision," I say, facing them. They wave me on as they sit in their own beds, Joey leaning over the side of his bed and his hair falling down above his head as he looks at me.

"I'm growing it as long as Rapunzel's," I say, all of them looking at me with confusion.

"How long is her's," Sid asks.

"70 feet. I'm sure I can grow that in about a year or so," I say, all of them rethinking what I said.

"And why," Joey asks.

"Because all of my youth I could never have long hair. My dad didn't allow it because he wanted a boy, but I want to show him next Christmas I can go," I say, smiling at the thought of my dad throwing his hands up and walking out to the garage when he sees my braid decorated with everything Christmas-y.

"We'll always be here to help you," Sid says, leaning over the edge of his bunk, holding up his brush with a smile.

"I'm starting to think you're envying my hair," I say, making him laugh.

"Kind of. I wish I had lush locks to headbang with, but sadly not this year," he says, making me laugh.

"Maybe next year. Or the one after that. Who knows," I say.

-morning-

I wake up to the sound of a giant thud, and groaning. I lift my head and see that Sid had fell out of bed, landing on his front.

"You alright," I ask, helping him up and checking his face.

"I'm good. That's never happened before," he says, waking up Shawn and Corey by punching them in the side of the head. They return the punches as I get ready, putting on a fuzzy black sweater and black jeans, putting on the hoof shoes that I decided to bring just for shits and giggles.

"Come on guys, we have an interview," I say, both of them bolting up and getting dressed in their coveralls and masks. They jam their feet in their shoes as I hop off the bus, meeting up with Paul and Chris.

"Ooh, new braid," Chris says, watching me tuck my braid in my back pocket.

"It's become that long," Paul asks, making me nod as we walk to the little building where the interview is being held

I heard the interviewer, a guy, is a social worker but is nice and laid back for the most part. The other two guys catch up to us and we enter the building, the guy turning and walking to us, shaking my hand and showing us the room where all five of us plus a cameraman plus him is going to be seated in.

"Hello, hello," he says as the guys sit behind the table set up with a nice tablecloth and tea set. 

They have a chair set at the left wall for the interviewer, and one chair for me set behind the cameraman so I'm not in the shot. I told them that I don't want to be seen, so they did that and set a little table beside the chair, a little teacup and teapot on it with a little spoon, sugar and a little glass of milk to put in the coffee.

"Do any of you speak German," the interviewer asks.

"I do," I say, sitting in my seat and pouring some coffee in the cup.

"Good to know," he says, sitting on his chair and looking at the camera. He says a few words in German and stands, going over and the guys, mainly Shawn, already throwing shit.

"... Slipknot. Welcome to the show," he says, gesturing to them with a wave of his hand. I cross my legs and wait for the real shit to happen, sipping some coffee. They all greet the camera with... hand gestures and I keep in a laugh.

"Gimme that thing," Shawn says, pointing to a small Christmas tree that's playing some music.

"I can stop it, it's no problem," the interviewer says, trying to turn it off. 

Shawn insists on taking it and he gives it to Shawn, who sits in his chair and holds it in his arms. To me, that's pretty cute. The interviewer offers cake to Paul, but he passes up and let's Shawn get some. He takes it and, as if I was predicting it, throws it at the wall. Shawn smashes the tree on the table and it goes silent, Corey and Shawn throwing things at that poor wall.

--------------------------------------

So, there'll be the video in the next chapter for the next part. 40th chapter, and I'm still going. There's more unpublished, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.