Chapter 74

---time skip---

"Let's go get those tats," I say. Ari and Claire walk with me to the tattoo shop, seeing the employees setting up their stuff. I open the door and the two walk in, going to the front desk.

"Are you the 8 am," the receptionist asks us three.

"Yes we are," I say.

"Come on back ladies," a tattooist says. We walk back and sit in the three seats, all of us wearing skirts so we don't have to do anything.

"What's your name," the tattoo artist, a man about 20 with a sleeve asks.

"Liz. But a lot of people call me 9," I say.

"Odd nickname but okay," he says.

"It actually has an amazing meaning that I won't bore you with," I say.

"You got time," he says.

He puts the stencil on and I start telling him how I got the nickname 9. I keep talking as he tattoos the outline, then the inner heart. The heart's only an inch in all, so I could cover it up easily with a piece of clothing or makeup. 

It's tilted a little so the top of the heart's pointing out, giving it a little cuteness. It's tattooed on my left thigh below halfway mark, where most of my shorts would stop and show it. As I was getting it, I really didn't feel it much. It was only like someone was poking me with a pen to get my attention.

"So, let me get this straight," he starts.

"I'm putting at tat on a celebrity and that tat'll be shown in that last leg of the tour because you love your friends and don't want to forget them," he says.

"Basically," I say.

"Awesome. And you're done," he says. I look at it and smile, the little heart bright red; either from my blood or the ink. Probably both.

"It's perfect," I say.

"Really? I kind of messed up here and now it has kind of a tail. It's my first day as an actual tattoo artist," he admits. I look at the bottom of the heart and there's a little curve at the end, but it only makes it better.

"But that's what friendship is about. It can go wrong, but in the end, it only makes it more beautiful," I say.

"Preach girl," Ari says, giving me a hand up. 

I take it and the artist puts a piece of plastic on the heart to keep it safe. We go back and pay, walking out with a business card in my hand. It was the guy's, and his name was actually fitting. Arnold Foreman.

"I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing more of his artwork later on," I say after we enter my house. Sakari walks to me and sniffs my tattoo, looking at me after.

"You like it Sakari," I ask.

"It's pretty," she says.

"I'm glad you like it," I say. I kneel down and hug her, earning a few licks on my cheek.

"You give Sakari a hug but you don't for me," Corey asks, making me hug him. I rub my cheek on his hair but he doesn't notice, hugging me anyway.

"I got the tattoo," I say. All of the guys are here now, and we're in the living room.

"Show us," Chris says. The three of us girls line up and show our tattoos, mine being the only one with a tail.

"That's amazing! We should get a tattoo like that," Sid says.

"All of us," Corey asks.

"I was mostly talking to Liz, but if you want," he says.

"I'll get one with you. But not now," I say.

"You thinking of getting any more tattoos anytime soon," Corey asks.

"Yeah actually. I'm thinking of getting a little heart on my wrist every time I cheat death. I'd have 2 as of today," I say.

"Why 2? I thought you only would have 1," Claire says.

"Nope. 2 because I got shot remember," I say. 

Long story short, I got shot in the collarbone because it wasn't a good town the show was being held in. It went through my artery and I almost bled to death, but I got to the hospital in time. I had to wear a sling for a week, but other than that I was a-okay.

"When were you thinking of getting it," he asks.

"Sometime before the European leg," I say. I get my phone and call the number on the card, the receptionist picking up.

"Hi, are there any openings next week," I ask.

"Three. There's one on Monday, one on Wednesday and one on Friday," she says.

"When's the Friday one," I ask.

"Noon," she says.

"I'll take that one," I say.

"Okay, any preference on the artist," she asks.

"Could I have Arnold Foreman," I ask.

"Sure. Have a nice day," she says. I hang up and put my phone back, looking at Corey.

"There's your answer. Next Friday at noon," I say.

"Can't wait. For now, let's get back to whatever the hell we were doing before," Corey says.