Chapter 99

-Sept. 3rd, Wausau; WI-

I ring the doorbell and Alex open the door, clinging onto my legs as soon as I step inside.

"Who is it Alex," mom asks in the kitchen.

"It's me," I call. 

In an instant, all of my siblings, 4 of them, cling onto me and almost suffocate me. I have two younger sisters, one younger brother and one older brother. The older brother's also visiting, but he's only a year older than me. Mom rushes in with her arms wide and I wiggle out, hugging her. My younger brother, Cale, takes my bag and hauls it up to the room I'm staying in.

"Please, take off your shoes and make yourself at home," she says.

"This is my home," I say, making her smile.

"Dad's in the garage," my 13 year old sister, Anne, says.

"Great," I say.

-after getting settled-

"What brings you here," mom asks.

"Well, I have a surprise," I say. I put my left hand out and she sees the ring, it being the actual one.

"Oh dear, it's beautiful," she says.

"I love it," I say.

"Is that the only reason," she asks.

"No. I would like help making these," I say, handing her the sketches. She looks them over and nods slowly, her thinking face on.

"If you're thinking of making these before the wedding," she starts.

"We should start right now. How many bridesmaids are there," she asks as we walk to the basement. She's a tailor, so she can help with making all of these very quickly.

"8 bridesmaids, one flower girl, 8 groomsmen and one ring bearer," I say.

"And one groom and one bride," she says, already setting materials on the table.

"And one dog of honor," I say.

"You have a dog? What breed," she asks.

"Golden husky. She can actually speak," I say.

"How cute. I'm guessing a wreath for the pup matching the bouquets," she guesses.

"You guessed correct," I say.

"Let's get making those dresses," she says.

-after dresses-

We finally finish making the dresses with the measurements the girls sent me. I put little name tags on the dresses and put them in a garment storer.

"Break or make the tuxes," I ask.

"We'll break for lunch after the tuxes," she says. She loves getting things done ASAP. Something I get from her.

"Alrighty then," I say, doing a Jim Carrey impression.

"While we're doing this, tell me about the groom," she says.

-after tuxes-

"You should talk with your dad," she says.

"Okay, but if I come storming back, you know what happened," I say. I walk to the garage and hear music playing and him singing along. I open the door and he looks, smiling.

"There she is. The future bride," he says, turning the music down.

"There he is. The father of the bride," I say.

"How's the guys? Are they just as rowdy as before," he asks as I take a seat.

"Well, Corey's getting married, Shawn's already married, so is Craig and Chris, the rest except Sid has girlfriends and Sid's single. He's also helping a lot with the wedding," I say.