Chapter 114

---time skip---

"Do you maggots know what day it is," Corey asks.

"I said," he takes a breath, "DO YOU KNOW WHAT FUCKIN' DAY IT IS?!"

They all cheer and a maggot picks me up, starting the crowd surf. Thankfully, no maggot tried to look up my skirt, and if they did, they would be disappointed. I'm wearing a black circle style skater skirt, black slip shorts, a blood red undershirt, a black dress shirt unbuttoned until my skirt because it's tucked in and my tall-ass heels. They set me in the pit and I get a hand up by Mick, standing next to Corey.

"You're too tall," he says into the mic. I do an Asian squat and my height reaches my normal height, making him shake his head and chuckle.

"Good enough," he says. 

They all sing happy birthday as I stand back up, standing in between Mick and Jim. I put my arms on their shoulders and after the maggots end, they laugh. Corey looks over and starts laughing, letting me take the mic.

"If you're wondering, these heels are 20 inches. They are extremely dangerous, but, I'm just as crazy as the demonic sugar glider in the wheelchair," I say, making the maggots laugh again.

"I could very well crack my skull open in these, but at least that'll knock something in place," I continue, the maggots plus the guys laughing.

"What's your wish," Sid asks.

"Ya know what," I look at him, "I wish that you would get better faster."

The maggots go wild at that, and I reach down, patting Sid's head a couple times. He moves his eyebrows and I straighten up, waving to the maggots as I walk out.

"How do you even walk in those," Joey asks.

"Simple. Fake feet make it easier," I say.

"You know what I mean," he says.

"I've had practice. Lots of it. You can try them out if you want," I say.

"Sure. Only if you help me stay balanced," he says.

"You got it," I say as I step out of them. I help him into them and he puts his hand on my head, walking with me slowly.

"Did you know that high heels were meant for men when they were made? Now women own most to all heels," I say.

"Cool. Why are you telling me this," he asks.

"To get your mind off of what you're doing. It always helps me when I'm in tall shoes," I say.

"Yeah, that helps me too. But, with other things," he says.

"Ow, okay. You can have your shoes back," he says.

"Great thanks," I say as I step back into them. 

I walk with him and we get back to the bus, making me take them off. I'm too tall to actually step on the bus, so I have to take them off in order to get in the bus. I put them back and hop on the bus, helping Sid on the bus as well. He sits on the couch and I sit next to him, handing him a marker for him to draw with.

"Ah, thanks," he says painfully.

"Meds wear off," I ask, him nodding.

"But hey, you finally get to get out of the wheelchair at the end of the month," I say.

"Great, what'll happen after that," he asks.

"You'll get two canes to walk with. I've vowed to make those for you so they're perfect," I say.

"You don't need to do that," he says as he draws on my legs.

"But I want to. And you know me; I'll always put my heart and soul into what I make," I say.

"Just like your legs. Still can't believe you made these all by scrap metal," he says.

"Yeah, the scrap guy was too. He asked what I was going to do with the metal and I said, straight up, 'I'm making my legs.' The look on his face was priceless," I say, laughing with Sid.

-night-

I'm laying in my bunk, hearing Sid tossing around in his bunk. And since it was pitch black, I didn't see him drop to his feet and walk to my bunk.

"Liz," he asks.

"I'm awake," I say quietly.

"Can I," he starts, my mind flashing back to when Corey told me his bad dream in the Estate.

"Sure," I say. 

Instead of laying next to me, he lays on me. I decided to keep my legs on, and he has the boots on. He puts his head on my shoulder and turns his face away, wrapping his arms around my lower ribs and tucking his left leg under my right one. I was sitting somewhat up, so I put my other leg up and rest my head on his.

"Sleep well Starscream," I say quietly as I close my eyes. 

I put an arm on his back and curl my fingers in a loose fist, relaxing as best I can with a demonic sugar glider on me. I know he hasn't slept well because of his pain, but I think he actually fell asleep. He isn't moving and his breathing's steady. Even if I don't get sleep, I'm glad he'll get sleep.