Chapter 93

-March 30th, '04-

"It feels good being back on tour," I say.

"Maybe for you," Corey mumbles. 

He sits next to me and Sid sits on the other side of me, playing with my hair. I grew it out again, which wasn't that hard, and now it's down to the floor. I cut the dyed parts off when I was still in the mansion, so it would be golden and normal. Shawn switched with one of the other guys on the other bus and that other guy is Paulie. From one father figure to the other.

"Let's see your mask. You've been working on it for weeks and you said it was done," Joey says. I put the mask on the table, seeing them staring.

 I put the mask on the table, seeing them staring

"I was feeling pretty," I say.

"You know what I'm going to say," Sid says. I put it on and buckle the strap, looking at him.

"Why didn't I switch with Shawn the first tour," Paul asks himself. 

I take the mask off and put it back, hearing the guys talking about my mask. I let them and put on my headphones, playing my Discman Craig got me for Christmas last year. I play the CD that's in it and walk into the living space, seeing the giant teddy bear in the corner. Sid must've put it in here for both of us. I shrug and grab my book, curling up on the bear's midsection. I haven't gotten much sleep because of my work, so I unintentionally take a nap before we get to out destination.

-Corey's POV-

"I like the mask. It shows off her creativity," Joey says.

"Yeah, and most of us kept our 'theme' as she would say," Sid says.

"If you kept the gas mask or the open mouth, then that would be the theme for you," Paul says.

"And the full head with dreads would be mine," I say.

"I've kept my theme of white mask with the designs," Joey says.

"The pig head would be mine," Paul says.

"What would Liz's be," I ask.

"Elegant masks. Her first mask mixed her 'broken doll' like look with her actual emotions, then her second mask showed her hidden jokester side by making a colorful masquerade mask, then this current one shows her artsy, how do I say this nicely, expensive side," Joey says.

"So her current one's showing how she loves herself first, then us," Paul asks.

"But that's so very wrong. She loves us more than anything; even herself," Sid says.

"What if it isn't about her," I ask. They look at me with questioning looks, so I explain.

"She always wanted to have a good life with high quality things. What if this is her way of achieving it for this tour," I explain.

"That's... actually logical. I didn't expect her to go logical on the mask," Joey says.

"Sometimes, just sometimes, her mind thinks logically," I say.

"Unlike her hate-crazed ex," Sid growls.

He got out of prison when we were still in the Estate, and he somehow managed to find her. Let me tell you, she snapped then and there. When her rage subsided, she was already in the basement with Sid calming her down and holding her against the wall to keep her from going back upstairs. We were all scared of her when she snapped, because she's never done that before. She's always kept her cool in situations like that, but I guess she had enough of him. 

He had to stay in the hospital for 2 days after that so he could heal, and she got a restraining order on him after that. And even though he's out of her long-ass hair, I'm still not through with him. He's given her 5 years of torture, and I'm going to give it back in 5 minutes. I'm sure Sid can agree that he's going to get beat when one or both of us sees him.

"Where's Liz," Sid asks, standing.

"She's probably reading. Like she always is when she's trying to pass the time," I say. 

He walks to the living space and doesn't come back, so I stand. I walk there and see him looking at her, smiling. She's curled up on the bear, sleeping. I lead him back and leave her to sleep, sitting back down in my spot. Since she took the night shift when we were in the Estate, she hasn't gotten much sleep. And when she doesn't get a good amount of sleep she's a demon of insults.

---time skip---

"Who's going to wake her up," I ask. I put my finger to my nose and soon they all do, Joey being the last since he wasn't paying attention.

"Damnit," he says.

-Liz's POV-

"Please don't kill me," Joey says as he gently shakes my shoulder.

"Why would I kill you," I ask.

"Because I'm waking you up," he says.

"How far are we from the destination," I ask.

"About 20 minutes," he says.

"Great, that gives me time to get ready," I say. 

I hop up and walk to my bag, getting out my attire for this era. The top's a black cold shoulder t-shirt, the bottom's a black skater skirt with the nine pointed star on the thigh and modesty shorts under it so nothing embarrassing happens, the shoes are glow-in-the-dark black Converse and I top it all off with a hooded leather jacket. I put all of it on and my makeup, pulling my hair into a tight ponytail.

"Are you going to grow it out again," Corey asks as I tie it.

"It's impossible not to," I say. 

I use a little hair gel to smooth out the curls by my ears and put in my whole-eye black contacts. I could use so much less makeup on my face now since I only had my eyes and my lips. I used the paint on all of my lips and gave myself a smoky-eye so when I take off the mask I don't look like a goth clown.