Chapter 85

-morning-

I walk downstairs and to the living room, seeing Corey sitting on the couch with a pack of beers beside him.

"What are ya doing Corey," I ask.

"I'm drinking," he says a little bitterly.

"Okay, don't go overboard," I say. I hear him mumble something as I walk away to the kitchen.

"Hey Liz. We're thinking of lunch ideas. Got one," Sid asks.

"Pizza. But I make it," I say.

"Really? Okay," he says.

"I'll make it in a couple hours. For now, I have to ask, why's Corey drinking at 9 in the morning," I ask.

"We don't know. He didn't tell us why," Joey says.

"Well that clears it up," I mumble.

"But anyway. I'm getting that tattoo today," I say. Mick looks up and smiles at me saying that.

"When," he asks.

"In 15 minutes," I say, already at the door. He puts his shoes on and leaves with me, walking with me to the shop. I enter and the receptionist just points to the back, letting me take Mick with.

"Liz, good to see you. How's the tattoos," the artist, Andi, asks.

"Doing good. Already got laughs from the 'Out Of Order' one," I say.

"I knew that would happen. What today," she asks.

"You know that tattoo idea I told you about last time I was here," I ask, her nodding.

"Yeah I want that," I say.

"Great. Lay down and we'll get started," she says.

"And you can take a seat on that stool big guy," she says. Mick sits on the other seat and I turn my head to him, seeing his knees.

"Nice knees," I joke, making him laugh. 

Soon, I hear the needle buzzing and I feel a little tickle. Like a ladybug's walking across my lower back. Or a centipede. Mick watches as Andi tattoos me and I close my eyes, letting my hair cover my face. I doze off a few times, but Mick tells me it's done.

"Thanks," I say to Andi.

"No problem. Hey, next tat's free remember," she says.

"Right. See you next time," I say. I pay and walk out, seeing Mick smiling.

"What? Depression's a bitch," I say. I had 'Depression's A Bitch' in thin bubble letters. We walk back and I go into the kitchen, seeing Sid trying hard not to cook. He loves cooking, and he's good at it on top of that.

"Want to help," I ask him.

"Yes," he says. I tell him my pizza plan and he helps make it the best he can since there's no recipe for him to look at.

-lunch-

The timer goes off and I take the pizza out, putting it on the stove to let it cool. The guys follow their noses and drift into the kitchen, seeing the huge pizza. It was piled high with everything they like; and when I say piled high, I mean it's at least 2 inches thick. I stuffed the crust with so much cheese a Wisconsinite like me would be jealous. I even brushed the crust with a butter Parmesan glaze and baked it for a couple minutes to get it set.

"Is that a pizza or an uncovered pie," Jim asks.

"It's a pizza," I say.

"Where? I'm too short," Joey says. They let him look and he pauses, trying to think of how he's going to eat even a slice of it.

"Cut it! I want some before it gets cold," Shawn says. I cut it into medium sized slices and they take two, sitting at the table. I take one and sit at my spot, seeing the guys really enjoying the pizza.

"You should make lunch more often," Chris says, his mouth full.

"I should. How about tomorrow I make some Chinese," I say. They say I should and I take a bite of my slice, seeing the guys already slowing down.

'Ha! Getting full on the first slice! Wimps,' I think as I finish my slice. They watch as I get two slices and sit back down, eating the second slice.

"Are you really going to try to eat two slices? How daring are you," Shawn asks.

"Please, I'm a Wisconsinite. I may be skinny, but I can have a bottomless stomach when I want," I say, finishing another slice and moving to the third one.

"Ugh, why do you do this? I can't even watch you eat without my stomach hurting," Corey groans.

"Maybe that's because you filled up on liquor and not pizza," I retort, my third piece disappearing.

"Sakari," I call. 

I pick a piece of meat off of my plate and offer it to her, almost getting my fingers bit off. She swallows it whole and the cat waits for her piece, and I giver her a smaller piece. She eats it gratefully and stalks away, Sakari waiting by the sliding glass door to go outside.

"Going outside. You can have as much pizza as you guys want, just leave a slice or two for me to take to work," I say.

"Oh, you can have the rest. I think we're good until tomorrow," Jim says.

"Thanks," I say. 

I let Sakari out and walk to the garden, sitting where Craig was before. I see why he sat here, because you could see everything in the place. A bee rests on my leg and I leave it be(e), letting it stay. It flies off to the flowers around me, and I relax for once.