Chapter 47

-after interview-

I hop on the bus and take off my shoes while Sid stands next to me, my height going down to his.

"Now we're twins," I say, sliding in my seat and Sid sitting beside me. Corey sits next to Sid and Shawn sits next to him, Joey sitting next to me and feeling the braids.

"How did you braid them so tight," he asks, Corey taking the hairtie out and Sid taking the flowers out. They both undo my braid, raking their fingers through it.

"I have practice. Lots of it," I say.

"Could you braid your hair in these," he asks, pointing to the braids on the side of his head.

"Absolutely. I could braid my hair just like yours," I say, the two playing with my hair now.

"I swear to the lord of the dead, you two are addicted to my hair," I say, turning to them as they're wrapping themselves in it.

"What? It's so soft and comfortable. It's like a hug, but with a snake," Sid says, wrapped fully in my hair.

"Confusing, but okay," I say, taking a strand and starting to braid it. I undo it and start again, repeating it as the guys talk about my hair. They've gotten attached to it, so when it grows to 70 feet, I'm shaving it all off and donating it.

"What braid should I do for tomorrow," I ask, all of them but Shawn lighting up.

"Do a triple braid," Sid says.

"Do a fishtail," Corey says.

"Do a quintuple braid," Joey says, making me raise an eyebrow.

"A quintuple braid is 5 smaller braids braided into one big braid," he explains. I nod and Shawn rolls his eyes, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Why don't you leave it down? It's long enough to sweep the floor anyway," he says.

"That's the reason I braid it. There's too much hair to make a bun or ponytail and there's about to be too much to braid soon. And because I want to keep my hair clean thank you very much," I say, unwrapping the two and starting on the quintuple braid that Joey suggested.

-midnight-

I get done with the last of the 5 braids, tying them off with one of the rubber hairties. The other guys went to bed an hour ago, and I finished my book last night. I braid the braids and get done in a few minutes, tying it off with a regular hairtie.

"I'm bored now," I say into the darkness, my eyes still adjusting to the pitch black.

"What kind of books does the guys have," I say. I stand and walk to their bags, finding one of Corey's books. He liked the same books as me, so I take it and sit back down. I get comfortable and open the book.

-morning-

"Good morning," I say, not looking up.

"Hmm," Corey groans. He trudges over and sits next to me, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"I'm guessing you didn't sleep well," I say, closing the book and looking at him. He says nothing and nods, yawning as he does.

"I didn't hear you come to your bed. Bad idea to wait," he says.

"Yeah, sorry. I just can't sleep," I say. He sits up and so far, none of the guys have gotten up.

"Why is that," he asks.

"I don't know. I couldn't sleep last night, or the night before," I say, Corey getting worried.

"That's not good," he says.

"As long as I go to sleep tonight, I'll be okay," I say, playing with my braid. The other guys get up and they get dressed while I pick out my shoes, the pair being my Air Walks since I'm fucking lazy today. And tired. And headachy.

"Ready guys," I ask, all of them nodding and stepping onto the Swedish ground. Craig sneaks up behind me and puts me in a headlock, the other guys laughing.

"Fuck all you," I say, going for Craig's neck. 

I raise my hand and poke the side of his neck, making him let go and go into turtle mode. I stand up and put on my coat, the two heat vampires clinging onto me. Sid takes my left side and Joey takes my right side, and they walk with me.

"Why is it always you two," I ask, shaking them off after I get inside.

"We're just the coldest," Sid says, all of them walking to their dressing room.

"You coming," Corey asks, waiting by the door.

"Um, why," I ask, walking there anyway.

"To see what we do," he says. 

I shrug and walk in, the guys stretching, rolling joints like their shoulders and ankles, touching up their makeup, stuff like that. None of them have their masks on, and even though I've seen it before, it's still hilarious to see all of them with way too exaggerated smoky eyes and joker mouths.

"I've always wondered what the dressing room looks like," I say, seeing Joey stretching his legs by doing a half straddle. Or, one leg out to the side while the other's tucked in so his foot's touching his inner thigh.

"I've heard you're really flexible," Shawn starts, making me smile.

"I am. I could be a contortionist if I tried, and I basically am," I say, the guys looking at me with doubt.

"Show us," Mick says.