Chapter 43

"What are you doing," Joey asks, trying to feel the braids. I put his hand down and smile, the other guys looking at the braids.

"Go look at yourself," I say. He stands, walks over to the mirror and gets confused. He sees the two buns, but not the braids. He then turns his head and his face turns from confused to shocked.

"What did you do," he exclaims, making me laugh.

"I just gave you mickey mouse ears," I say, him patting the buns and trying to see the braids.

"But why," he asks, sitting next to me again.

"Because I could," I say, Sid whispering something to the guys and waving Joey over. He whispers something to him and I collect my hair, stalking away to my bed.

"Y'all need to sleep more than I do," I say. 

They comply and change while I do in the bathroom, putting my hair up in a top bun. I walk out and see all of them sleeping, or, pretending to sleep. I turn off the light and slide into my bed, the cat set by the wall. I grab it and hold it in my arms, cuddling with it as I fall asleep.

-Corey's POV-

"Hey, let's color her hair when she's asleep," Sid whispers, smiling like a goof. 

He waves over Joey, who still has his mickey mouse hair and tells him the same thing, all of us nodding and seeing Liz walk to the beds, telling us that we need sleep. None of us were tired, and we won't be tired for another few hours. 

We pretend to go to sleep, and I hear her walk out, turn the light out and crawl into her bed. I silently turn over and she's fast asleep, her back turned to us and cuddling the cat plushie her french boyfriend gave her. I stand and signal the others, turning the light on.

"What are you doing," Sid spits, swiping at the light switch. I block the light switch and he tries again, not succeeding.

"It's okay. I've known her for practically all of my life. She's a dead sleeper," I assure Sid, who looks at me with a questioning look.

"She won't be woken up at all by anything. If you try to wake her up now, it won't work," I explain, handing him hair color. I give all of them a different hair color, and Sid explains what we're doing.

"So, we're dying the underside of the hair. Her hair's golden enough for no bleach, so we can use this. Plus, this isn't permanent," he says. 

He walks to her and takes her bun out. All of her hair falls out onto the floor gracefully, making no sound as it hits the floor and piles there. We all sit on the floor and start, Sid pinning the top half of her hair up with a duck pin and putting the rest in a spiral above her head.

 Everything about her hair is like Rapunzel. The color's the same, the length's almost the same and in the sun it glows a bright gold. It's mesmerizing and I find myself staring at it in the summer all the time, watching the sun illuminate her hair.

I open my color and start to make a streak of blue, all of the others doing the same. This is going to look so cool. But we may get kicked in the valuables for it.

-morning-

-Liz's POV-

I wake up to the sounds of footsteps away from my bunk, so I sit up and hit my forehead on Joey's bunk. I silently swear and stand, walking to my bag and getting out my clothes. I put on a black sweater with a small heart on the chest, a black undershirt, black ripped jeans and black undergarments. I slip on my tip shoes as I sit on the steps down, waiting for the guys to get their lazy asses up.

"Good morning," Mick says, the guys from the other bus standing before me.

"Morning," I say, hearing the guys getting up. 

I stand and step off the bus, feeling the cold and stepping back on the bus to get my coat. I find it and slip it on, walking back to the guys. Before I could step off the bus, Jim picks me up and carries me bridal style all the way to the inside of the venue.

"Could you put me down now," I ask nicely. He sets me on my feet and I flip some of my hair off my shoulders, everyone with the ability doing the same and acting like a divo.

"Sometimes I hate you guys," I say, picking up my hair and walking to the bathroom. 

Ari wasn't here yet, so I start to braid my hair in the 9 strand braid Joey suggested. As Soon as I get done with the braid, I see a rainbow on my hair. I think it's from the frosted window, so I put my hand over it. The rainbow gets covered by my hand, so I begin to worry. Then it hits me: the guys dyed my hair while I slept.

"Guys," I yell, walking out if the bathroom and seeing them backstage.

"You four," I say, gesturing to the four on my bus to come here. They walk to me and I stop them at a foot, all of them getting worried.

"Who. Dyed. My. Hair," I exclaim, turning my braid over to show the rainbow. 

They all point to each other and I decide to kick all of them. Before they could run, I kick them where it hurts most. They all drop to their knees and hold it, swearing and Sid resting his head on the floor.

"Ow, fuck," Corey says, basically crumpled on himself. But, I really like the color, so I bend down and peck the four on the forehead.

"What was that for? An apology," Shawn asks, making me smile.

"That was for dying my hair," I say, getting all of them more confused.

"But, wasn't the kick for the color," Joey asks, tears in his eyes.

"Yes. I hate all of you for dying my hair, hence the kick, but I like it, hence the pecks," I say.