Chapter 102

-March 22nd, West Palm Beach-

Sid and I have been talking about the wedding and we've even started making the cards. Since I now a small bit of calligraphy, he lets me write the things inside it.

 Since I now a small bit of calligraphy, he lets me write the things inside it

"When's the wedding," Sid asks as he folds the envelope.

"December 12th this year at 2 in the afternoon," I say, writing what needs to be written in it.

"You got it down to a T already? Have you found where it's going to be held," he asks.

"The ceremony's being held at the White Pine Hollow State Forest in Iowa, then the reception's being held in the banquet hall just across the street. I think it's called the 'Perfect Time Banquet Hall' or something like that," I say.

"Yeah, the 'Perfect Time Banquet Hall'. I remember you telling me you get a reservation there because they make the food there for free," Sid says.

"Oh yeah, now I remember! That's why I made the reservation! Because you could make the menu for free," I say. 

I went over the list I made with Bruce and he even had his own list that he gave me to look over. He had his friend write the people down so I could read it, and I agreed with the list. We merged lists and I'm making the cards in English for my part and French for his part.

"That's a lot of cards," Paul says. I write the addresses on the cards, along with the return address, before I put them in a file box to keep them safe.

"It's a lot of people. I have easily over 100 people done, and I still have 50 to another 100 people left," I say.

"How? How do you know that many people," he asks.

"I'm also making them for Bruce's side of the family. He has about half of the cards in all," I say.

"So that's why some of them are in French," Sid says.

"Yep. Thank the lord of the dead that I haven't gotten a hand cramp yet," I say.

"Liz," Corey says, sliding in.

"Yes Snickers Bar," I ask. I've been calling him that because he needs one. He's not himself lately.

"We have an interview after the show and they want you there," he says.

"Why me? I'm not even on stage," I say.

"Don't give me that. Ever. You're damn well a part of this band," he says.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to get that aggressive at me saying that. Do you need a Snickers bar," I ask.

"No I don't. But not the point. Do you know that chick that interviewed us in '01," he asks.

"Not that try hard bitch," I groan.

"Yes that try hard bitch," he says.

"I don't like how she swears so much. She swears more than you," I say. Corey started swearing when I met him. In Kindergarten. He was born swearing.

"I know. I don't like her that much either. But, she and the cameraman said you have to be there, otherwise it's off," he says.

"Kinda sounds like she's going to do something," Sid says.

"Yeah actually. Anyway, who else is in it," I ask.

"Me, Chris, Jim and Joey," he says.

"Perfect," I say.

"Be ready to answer a bunch of questions, because she said half or so of the questions are for you and you only," he says.

"What more do they want? An 'Ask Me Anything and Everything' convention," I ask, sighing.

"That's actually a good idea," Sid says.

"No it's not. You know I'm like Craig sometimes, and that would be one of those times," I say.

"True," Sid agrees, putting another stack of cards in the box.

---time skip---

I hop off the bus and get hugged by Craig, a maneuver only I can make. Corey, when he hugs anyone but me, almost gets stabbed in the eyes by Craig, but I can hug him with or without the mask. But sometimes my hair gets skewered by the spikes.

I let Sid braid my ponytail, and he's still doing it as I walk backstage.

"Aah, slow down," he says, making me walk slower.

"Thanks," he says. 

He ties my braid and I sit in the changing room while they get into their clothes. As they do, I text Ari about the date. She already knows that she's a bridesmaid, I sent her the dress and the little bouquet and an invitation's on the way for her and her mom.

"Are we going to see you in your wedding dress before the ceremony," Shawn asks.

"After I get changed yes. If you mean weeks before, unfortunately not. I don't want to stain or rip it," I say.

"Are we going to at least see our girls in their dresses before that," Mick asks.

"If they want to show you, I won't tell them otherwise. But if they rip it, they're paying me $10 to fix it," I say.

"What about Alex? Did you finish her dress," Joey asks. He's met Alex, and she thinks he's her adopted brother from how much he visits them.

"Yeah. I even used real rose petals, sprayed with clear spray paint to keep them fresh, on her skirt. I did a damn good job with her dress, but I can't give it to her yet because you know how she is," I say. She loves wearing fancy stuff, but isn't careful with them. She'd rip the petals I delicately sewn on in a couple minutes.

"You're right about that," he says.

"Ah shit, where did it go," he suddenly asks. I look up and he's looking everywhere for something, even under the mirror.

"Where did what go," I ask.

"My mask. I lost my damn mask," he says.

"Here. You're lucky I kept this for so long," I say, handing him my ST mask.

"You're giving me your mask? Are you high," he asks.

"Shut up and put it on before I change my mind," I say. He puts it on and it fits just like in '99; perfectly. Well, except for the forehead.