Chapter 20

"This feels so weird," he says, hugging me back as the other guys laugh so much they're on the floor, Corey on his side and trying to get up but failing from how much he's laughing.

"I don't think Shawn's going to carry me," Joey says, looking at me after I set him down. I put him on my shoulders and he stiffens, relaxing after a few seconds and resting his chin on my head.

"You're lucky we're on the same bus," I say, walking to the bus as the other guys scramble to catch up.

I drop him onto the ground and take off my shoes, putting them back and picking out the welder's heels. I close the storage and hop onto the bus, seeing the driver peeking out. I wave to him and he waves back, starting the bus to get all of the guys on faster. 

Corey, Sid and Shawn race to the bus, jumping on just as the driver leaves. The door closes and they stumble to the lounge part, where Joey and I are sitting and looking at them with serious faces.

"Little tip," I start, all of them sitting beside us.

"Don't laugh when I know the driver," I say.

"I'll keep that in mind," Corey says.

(Bear with me. This is going to be a 41 day skip.)

-October 17th-

"Welcome home," I say to myself. The driver stops and turns off the bus, opening the door. I hop off and adjust my shoes, seeing Ari running to me. I run to her and we meet in the middle, hugging and Ari almost in tears.

"I missed you so much," she says, letting go and wiping imaginary tears from her eyes.

"I missed you more," I say, smiling.

"Who's this," Shawn asks, his dad side coming out. He's 4 years older than me, but he still acts like a dad with me.

"This is Ari, the girl I keep talking about," I say, Ari waving shyly.

"Nice to meet you Ari," he says, holding his hand out for a handshake. She shakes his hand and soon, the guys are surrounding us, getting Ari a little uncomfortable. I grab her hand and lead her out of the circle, and the guys stay, talking about how they're back in Iowa.

"They tend to do that with people they didn't meet," I say, her nodding.

"Guess what," I start, her perking up.

"You forced the guys to wear heels on stage," she says, making me laugh.

"No, but a good idea. I'm getting my cast off today," I say, her gasping and smiling.

"You are? That's amazing," she says.

"When," Ari asks.

"When the guys are on stage," I say, her smiling.

"And yes, you are coming," I say, her smiling more.

"Oh, I got you this. It's older but it still works," she says, handing me a Canon HD camcorder.

"Aww, thank you. I always wanted to record what Slipknot does before the stage," I say, testing it out and recording the guys in a circle. I end the recording and put it in my backpack, Ari looking at the patches on it.

"Wow, so many patches," she says, feeling the tribal S one and smiling.

"Real wool. About as scratchy as Sid's career," I say, making her laugh.

-Corey's POV-

"Where'd she go," I ask, not seeing her in the circle we created to keep her and Ari here.

"Wait, she's gone," Chris realizes, his eyes widening.

"She's literally 6 foot tall in heels, how could we loose her," Mick asks, frantically looking around. I don't know why I'm panicking, but she's my best friend and she tends to have... thoughts.

"It's okay, she's over by the bus with Ari," Jim says, all of us sighing in relief.

"Why did we get so panicky," Chris asks, all of us shrugging.

"She's our best friend. We can get protective sometimes," Jim says.

"Especially you," Joey says, looking at me.

"Why is that," he asks, crossing his arms.

"Why is what," I ask, knowing what he means and trying to get out of it.

"Why are you so protective of her," he asks.

"All I can say is that she's my first friend that hasn't exploited something from me," I say, Joey nodding slightly and going back to the conversation. I glance over to Liz and Ari hands her a camera, both of them smiling. I look back to the guys and jump into the conversation.

-Liz's POV-

"Alright guys, I gotta do something while you're on stage," I say, Ari beside me and keeping in a smile.

"Okay, just don't kiss any boys while you're gone," Shawn jokes, making me roll my eyes.

"Please, this is Des Moines, I've talked to every boy in this city before," I say. 

I pat his shoulder and turn to Ari, who's waiting patiently beside me. They pinch my ass per usual and let me go, walking to their dressing room and leaving me and Ari to get my cast off. We jump in her car and drive to the clinic, where this dirty, reeking cast off of my wrist to be taken off.

-after the wait-

I sit in the chair and the nurse comes in, a cast saw in her hand.

"You must be Liz," she says, me nodding.

"Yep. One thing," I start, her plugging in the saw to an outlet.

"Can I keep the cast," I ask, her looking at me, then the cast.

"Sure. Is that all names," she asks, gesturing to the cast.

"Yep. The fans love to sign casts, and I don't want to throw away names," I say, her looking at me with a questioning look, but saws it off and takes a few steps back. She covers her nose and Ari smiles, making me smile.

"Holy, that's the worst smell I've gotten yet," she says, taking it off and handing it to me, excusing herself after.

"Wow, I guess we're used to the smell of death," Ari says, taking the cast and putting it in my backpack for me.

--------------------------------------

20th chapter down. Again, tell me how it is so far. I want to know!