Chapter 77

---time skip---

"And done. My god, I've been braiding for almost 2 hours," Sid says.

"Almost 3 hours," I correct.

"Really?! Oh my god," he exclaims.

"I should get going. You coming," I ask Corey.

"Yes I am," he says. He gives me a hand up and we walk out, walking to the tattoo parlor. He opens the door for me and I thank him, seeing Arnold standing behind the desk.

"Liz, good to see you again," he says.

"I'll be a regular customer for a while, so get used to hearing my stories," I say. He laughs and waves both of us back, letting Corey take the other stool beside me.

"You're not afraid of needles," he asks Corey.

"Nah. I've gotten tattoos before," he says.

"Good. To repeat what you said, it's the Slipknot tribal S on the back of the neck. 2 inches long by 1 inch wide in order to hide it with a braid," he says.

"You got it," I say.

"Okay. Lie on your stomach and we'll get started," he says. I lie on my stomach and he puts a hollowed pillow on my face in order for me to not bend my neck.

"So, I noticed the bandage. May I ask what happened," he asks.

"Some hater dumped acid on my shoulder a few weeks back, but it's healing pretty good," I say.

"That's cruel. Seems like the haters take it too far. What else have they done to make your life worse," he asks.

"Well, you know about the hearts. Every time I get a heart, it's usually a hater who did it. But they always get beat after by him," I say, pointing to Corey.

"Sounds like true friends. You get hurt by a hater and the friend beats them for it," he says. I hear the buzz of the needle, but I only feel a tickle.

"What made you want to get this tattoo," Arnold asks.

"Slipknot's gotten me so far in life. Without them, I wouldn't be here. I'd either be in prison for murder and arson or I'd be 6 feet under," I say. Corey takes my hand and I hold his, a smile forming.

"I'm glad. I really am," he says.

"Changing the subject," he starts, the needle stopping then starting again.

"Is that a promise ring," he asks.

"Yeah. My man's in France, and he gave me this to say I'm taken," I say.

"You trust him that much? You two must have a stronger bond than superglue," he says.

"When someone you love's in another country, you have to have a lot of trust," I say.

"And you're done," he says. I get up and my braid covers it perfectly, making it look like I don't have a tattoo there.

"May I ask, how is your hair so long and how long is it," Arnold asks.

"It's this long because of a very rare disease and it's 60 feet long. Not braided," I say.

"You're the real-life version of Rapunzel," he says. I laugh and pay at the desk, walking out. Corey hold the door as my braid trails behind me, but he picks it up and walks with me back to my house. I walk in and Corey closes the door, petting Sakari after we walk into the living room.

"Let's see the tattoo," Scarlett says. Everyone's there, and looking for the tattoo. I turn around and lift my braid, showing the little tribal S on my neck.

"Cute and classy. Just like you," Sid says. He puts his arm around Claire's shoulders, but she takes his arm off and walks beside me. We walk upstairs and Claire sits on my bed, putting her face in her hands.

"At least he tried acting cool," I say. I close the door and she pulls her hands down her face and rests them under her chin.

"But I can't stand him! Sure he may be an adorable little demonic lunatic, but he's so annoying he'd make Happy Meals cry," she roasts him.

"Damn, save the roasts until you see him. But seriously, I had to endure his ADHD-ridden ass for more than 4 years. I think you can if you tried. Besides, once you get to know him better, he's not as annoying when you first meet him. And I met him when he was 18," I say.

"But you don't get it. I'm scared that I'm starting to think of him like this. We used to hate each other, and now it's gone north," she says.

"Has he tried to kiss you yet," I ask.

"No. Look, I think if he does try to soon, I might just like it," she admits.

"Let's pray he doesn't," I say for her sake.

"Thanks," she says.

"Hey, can I tell you something," I ask.

"Shoot," she says.

"You know Rick Rubin right," I ask.

"Yeah. Why," she asks.

"Well, he came to me and the guys one day and he invited us to go to the Houdini estate. The guys and I said we'd be there next year, and I really want to go. But, it's in California. I asked if I can bring Sakari, and since he met Sakari a few times, he said I could," I say.

"You're going to have 9 guy roommates. How big is the Estate," she asks.

"Big. The house part is a literal mansion, and there's a huge plot of land to get away from the guys," I say.

"Okay, sounds nice. If I know you, you're probably going to find work in the first day you're there because of the tattoos you want. What was your next tattoo idea," she asks.

"I was thinking a tattoo like Mick's. It would be in the same place as his forearm ones, but it would say 'You can't kill me'. Ya know, since I can't be killed. I'm too stupid to die," I say, making her laugh and nod.

"Hey girls," Ari says. She closes the door after her and we all congregate on my bed, making a triangle to see each other better.

"I have a surprise," she says. She holds her left hand out and there's a pretty but simple engagement ring on her finger.

 She holds her left hand out and there's a pretty but simple engagement ring on her finger

"Oh my god! You're getting married," Claire and I both exclaim, hugging her.

"That German guy, adorably named Stefan, asked when we were in Germany this tour. I said yes and we're getting the plans ready," she says. God I hope Bruce asks soon.