#45

Dear Diary,

Dear Diary,

" Dhigu tak| Dhigu tak tak|| (3)
   Dhal  Gu | tadhi  Gin om||"

I was physically dancing but was mentally absent.

Nowadays I am realising that I am being very distracted. I don't know the reason of my distraction but it's bad to distracted, right..?

Even because of my stupid distraction, my dance teacher started scolding me a lot these days.

Some scoldings were soo severe that it reached my mom too and she too scolded me.

Dance was, is and always be something that I love but what's up with this distraction. It's messing up my mind.

Luckily today I didn't got one as I was trying to concentrate a lot on dance forgetting about everything and that worked.

I reached home at 10:00 pm and instead of directly sleeping like I always do, I started preparing for Hindi Elocution Competition Final Round which is tomorrow.

In the class, I spoke very well and even got applause from our hindi teacher but speaking in the class for preliminary round and speaking in front of the whole grade, is very different. That's why I am little nervous..... Not little very nervous.

I have never had a stage fear from childhood. I remember I was just 4 years old when I danced on Madhuri Dixit's legendary song 'Aaja Nachle' in front of whole pre-primary section. It was solo dance competition.

I even remember the day when I fearlessly went forward to dance Bharatnatyam on stage for my first proper dance program. That time I was in 3rd standard which means I was just 8 years old.

The show was in Thane and we reached there at 9pm. It takes a lot of time to do make-up as Bharatnatyam make-up is very complicated but still better than Kathakali. (One of the other Indian Classical Dance)

I remember correctly how my grandfather told me that more than me, my mother was nervous.

'She was soo nervous that her hands and legs were shaking very badly but there you were, on the stage dancing like nothing was bothering you."

I don't know how but rather than real life, my reflex on stage are better.

Once I did a step in the left side when I should've done it in the right side. Behind me was jui who was looking at me as if she will kill me any second.

Just imagine the whole group dancing in the right side but only one girl who is in middle dancing the other side. Funny right..? It was weird.

That time, I should have been turned around quickly and correct myself but my calm facial expressions and continuing what I was doing, made it look natural. It looked like it was actual choreography.

Whenever I talk about dancing, I go on and on and on.

So after seeing my performance on stages, I felt confident about standing on stage once again and speaking.

But....

But dancing and speaking on the stage is different. Even if they are similar, circumstances also matters.

Yours,
Vaishnavi.

Yours,Vaishnavi