#17

Dear Diary,

Dear Diary,

Someone told me to hear an English song, 'I hate you, I love you' but I didn't because I wasn't a big fan of English songs but if I would have heard it, I would have considered it as National anthem of my life back then.

"I hate you, I love you
I hate that I love you
Don't want to, but I can't put
Nobody else above you
I hate you, I love you
I hate that I want you
You want her, you need her
And I'll never be her."

Whenever I listen to this song, I am always reminded of the guy who was my first love and 'was' here is the highlight.

It's all about how you interpret the song. If I would have heard the song back then when I used to be madly in love with him, I would have been more insecure about me. I would have felt like I am not eligible for him or I am not perfect for a guy like him but now my interpretation is totally different.

'And I'll never be her.'

Definitely I will never be her because I am not her and she is not me. We both are unique in our own ways and are different from each other.

That's how we interpret the lyrics too when we are listening to the songs.

I remember how once her mother came to school to pick up him and how next day aarvi, kiran, Saniya and tisha all teased me that my mother-in-law came. It was soo stupid of us... So stupid of me.

Once aarvi read my whole diary which was fully written by me about vyom. She read it when I was playing handball in the ground while my bag was in between hundreds of bags in the basement, she found out my bad and read my diary.

I was so angry with her as she exploited my privacy. I even beat her but she ran away.

Once we were talking in front of my bus and she suddenly started complaining about aahan because he was really behaving very weirdly. I also noticed it but never asked him as I was so engrossed in my love life that I forgot to help my dear best friend.

I know he has a big crush on aarvi but I feel she is not the one for him. She seriously don't deserve him. He is very kind-hearted person who is very loyal and she is totally opposite of him. I don't want him to hurt and change his personality because of her.

'Usko kya lagta ki voh mera boyfriend hai.'

('He think that he is my boyfriend.')

I don't know what or about whom she was talking about because my eyes were fixed at vyom who was coming in our direction.

I laughed at his expressions as he heard what aarvi was saying.

'She always has her way to embarrass us without even knowing about it's consequences.'

He went away giving a weird look to me and kiran who acknowledged the fact that he listened to that sentence which our dear friend said while we broke out laughing.

I turned aarvi and showed her the back of vyom.

'Shit!!'

Oh thank god!! She is not that stupid.

But how come his weird face also have ability to make my heart squeeze in happiness.

Vyom you better stop doing whatever magic you are doing to me before my heart breaks.

Yours,
Vaishnavi.

Yours,Vaishnavi