You're Beautiful (Will Halstead)

will halsteadxfemale reader
prompt- the reader is a detective who lost her arm when she was in the army. she's natalie's sister and has a crush on will but is afraid he will reject her.
this was requested by- seajel16  and mayoorg
word count- 629 words

_

"Y/n I'm telling you you won't get rejected, Will is an amazing person and he's super nice." My older sister Natalie, told me.

"I never should have told you that I had a crush on him." I said in reply.

"Oh come on, every time your in the E.D. I see how he looks at you. He totally likes you." She said as I pulled my sleeve down.

"Alright what's he gonna do when he finds out I have a metal cyborg arm?"

"First of all it's a prosthetic not a cyborg arm, second of all he's not gonna care."

"Whatever you say Nat, I got to go I'm gonna be late for work."

"Bye, and I better not see you in the E.D. with an injury later."

"Yeah yeah! Tell Owen I said bye when he wakes up." I yelled walking out of my apartment that I shared with Natalie. She was right though, I had a tendency to get hurt on the job. My arm is a prime example.

_

"Morning Detective Manning!" Trudy yelled when I walked through the door.

"Morning Trudy!" I yelled as I walked up the stairs. I walked in too see Jay pinning pictures on the board.

"We got a body on fourth street." Erin said filling me in. I nodded as Voight walked out.

"Victim's name is Ally Garcia, she was 17. Shot in the back head execution style, this was planned. Her father is a judge. Tony Garcia."

"We went through his cases to see who he's prosecuted and there was one who stuck out. Michael Diaz." Jay explained

"What stuck out about him?" I asked.

"He was the only one who was recently released."

"So do we think it was him?"

"We know it was him. There's footage of him buying a gun that matched the casings found at the scene."

"Then let's go get his ass."
_

We suited up and drove to the address.
"Chicago P.D. Open up!" After we got no answer Kevin shoulder barged the door so we could get in.

"Clear."
"Clear." I saw someone come around the corner.
"Gun!" I shouted but was too late. He shot me. I fell to the ground in pain as I heard other guns going off around me.

"It didn't go through." Erin informed me as she helped me up.
_

Voight forced me to go to the hospital so that's where I was. Even after I told Natalie that it was just a bruise she still yelled at me. I heard a knock on the door and and then no one other than Will Halstead came into the room.

"Hey y/n I heard what happened so I just have to check you out." I nodded as he started his exam.
"Looks good. Doesn't look like there's any internal bleeding so you should be good to go."
"Thanks."

I put my shirt back on and went to get up but he stopped me.

"One more thing, will you go out to dinner with me?" I laughed.
"Natalie told you didn't she?" He laughed in return.
"Yeah. But I've wanted to ask you out for a while now."

"Even with the arm?" I asked pointing to my metal prosthetic.
"Even with the arm. You are beautiful you know that right y/n?"
"I do now." I said with a small smile on my lips.

"How about I take you out tonight? My shift is over in half an hour."

"I would love that."