Why Didn't You Tell Us (Will and Jay)

prompt- reader is will and jays sister and she gets into a car accident but when she's brought to the e.r they find pre-existing bruises on her.
this was requested by- seajel16
word count- 317 words
⚠️tw⚠️ mentions of domestic abuse.

(Will's Pov)
"Car accident victim, female Jane Doe mid 20s, early 30s. Multiple broken bones, possible head trauma. Intubated in the field. Unresponsive." The paramedic explained.
"Halstead you take her!" Maggie yelled to me.
"You got it!" I put a pair of gloves on and ran over to the gurney, but stopped dead in my tracks when I saw who it was.

"Maggie another doctor has to treat her."
"Why the hell can't you do it?"
"Cause she's my sister." Maggie expression changed as she called Natalie over to treat her.

"I gotta call Jay." I said before walking out to the waiting room.
_

(A couple hours later.)

"Hey sorry I took so long, I just got your call, what's up?" Jay asked me as he walked through the doors."
"It's Y/n, she got into a car accident."
"What? Where is she?"

"They took her into surgery a couple hours ago, she should be done soon."
_
(A couple more hours later)
Y/N had been let out of surgery but they wouldn't let us see her until she woke up.

"She's awake and stable, you can see her." Jay and I followed the nurse too where her room was.
"Wait." Natalie said stopping us.
"You should know there's signs of physical abuse. She had pre existing bruises." I nodded and saw Jay clench his fists.

We walked into the room to see Y/n.
"Hey." She said. I smiled at her while Jay went to give her a hug.
"Do you remember what happened?" Jay asked.
"Yeah, John and I got into a fight and I was pissed so I left and look what happened."
"Y/n we know about the bruises. How long?" I asked.
"A while now. But I'm breaking up with him." She answered.

"Well I'm just glad your ok."
"Me too." Jay added