We Protected Her (Jay Halstead)

prompt- reader and jay have been married for a few years and they find out they can't have kids so they end up fostering a teenager. You'll see what i mean once you read this. i was watching the movie instant family and I got this idea so enjoy.. it's mostly based on the movie so if you haven't seen it and don't want spoilers than feel free to skip ahead. i'm working on the requests too!
warnings- mentions of sexual harassment, mentions of children being taken away from their homes.
word count- 762 words
_______________________________
"Jay I don't what we're gonna do." I said walking into our house.
"We will figure it out y/n. I promise you."
"Jay! She hates us. This isn't what we signed up for."
"I know y/n but things will get better." I nodded and made my way to the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom but I was shocked to see our foster daughter naked and taking pictures.
"Give it back!" She yelled when I took her phone.
Jay ran over to where I was standing holding the door closed while she was trying to pry it open.
"What's going on?" He asked.
"She's taking naked pictures! Hold the door closed!" He nodded and grabbed the door while I deleted the pictures.
"What are you doing!" She yelled walking out. I saw she got a text so I clicked on it.
"Oh my God!" I exclaimed.
"What?" Jay asked.
"Some kid named Liam just texted her saying "If you don't send the pictures soon I'm gonna get bored." Followed by a dick pick!" I yelled. She grabbed her phone out of my hands.
"Y/n! I told you you can't take away my personal belongings! Your not my mother!" She yelled back at me before slamming her bedroom door.
"Y/n that's sexual harassment. She's being pressured into sending those pictures."
"You know what. We're gonna go to the school tomorrow and we're gonna find this Liam kid." Jay agreed with me and we went to bed.

(The next morning.)
"Piper let's go!" I yelled. She stomped out of her bedroom dressed in a tube top and booty shorts.
"Oh hell no! Go get changed!"
"You can't tell me what to do!"
"Oh but I can. Go!" She sighed before walking back into her room to get changed. After she got changed she followed me out to Jay's truck and she stayed quiet the whole time. She was completely pissed off.
"Have a good day." I said to her before she slammed the car door.
"Now let's go find this rat bastard." I said to Jay before getting out of the car.
"Hey does anyone here know who Liam is?" Jay asked the group of kids. They all pointed to some guy cleaning out the trash.
"The janitor!" We walked over to him.
"Yo can I help you two?" He asked when we reached him.
"How old are you?" I asked.
"Dude why does that matter?" Jay pulled his badge out.
"That's why."
"Dude relax I'm 22." My eyes widened. Jay punched him right in the nose just as the principal came running out.
"What's going on!"
"Call the cops! He's sending sexual photos to a 15 year old!" I yelled. The principal nodded and ran back into the building.
"Don't ever contact our daughter again." I said before spitting in his face.

Turns out when the cops got here we had to be arrested for assault.
"Hey just saying what you did back there, was pretty awesome." The cop who arrested us said when he was driving back.
"Well I'm a cop. I've seen bad things happen with people like that and I wasn't gonna let it happen to our daughter." I looked at Jay and sent him a small smile.

(Couple hours later.)
Jay and I walked into our house after we payed for the taxi. Will was waiting at the kitchen table.
"Thanks again for posting our bail Will."
"Yeah of course. Whats gonna happen with Piper?"
"I don't know. She's staying at a placement for tonight but there's a good chance that she's gonna get taken away from us. I hope that doesn't happen I love her and she may not know it but I really do love her." I admitted.
"At least you protected her. God only knows what would of happened if you didn't catch her." I nodded.
"At least we protected her."
——
hi guys i just wanted to know if you would want a part 2 to this?