Make Him Wait (Jay Halstead)

female reader x jay halstead
prompt- listen to the song or look up the lyrics and you'll understand the imagine :) this will be in third person this also gonna sorta be like a head canon instead of an imagine
This was requested by Corebore123 hope you enjoy!
word count-267 words
_______________________________
Sure Jay was your best friend. You guys had been best friends since you were little kids. He was your partner. There's just one thing he likes you more than a friend and you know that especially cause you liked him more than a friend, you just loved leading him on.. sorta.
So when he got a text from you saying to come over he immediately got in his truck and started the drive to your apartment.

Once he got there you told him you had feelings for him too but that didn't stop you from teasing him.
When he went to kiss you, you moved your head and grabbed his hand instead. When he would call you you would let it ring until the very last second before it went to voicemail.
And before you kissed him for the first time you made him meet your dad.
But he got you back. The day before he proposed to you he got down on knee and then claimed that he thought his shoe was untied. You knew what he was doing especially when he proposed to you the next day.
But in the end when you were both driving away together as newlyweds you both realized that it was worth the while to make him wait.