Sick Day (Kevin Atwater)

Prompt- Kevin is at work and so is Kono (the reader) when there is a call that their kids got sick at school. Kevin is working on a murder case and Kono works as a therapist and is in the middle of a session. They both rush to the school and get the twins home and in bed and they tell them stories and take care of them. I'm gonna change the request just a little bit because I don't write reader insert so that everyone can imagine it's them. Also I'm making them have only one kid not two that way it sorta makes more sense.
This was requested by EtherUnga
Word Count- 715 words

--
In the middle of a sesion with one of my clients I felt my phone vibrating in my back pocket. This is the fourth time it went off. "I'm sorry, this has to be important." I pulled it out and the number was my child's school. "I'm sorry I have to take this it's about my daughter." I answered it. It was the school nurse telling me that my daughter was sick and had to go home. So I rescheduled the session as my child is more important, and I drove to the school.

When I parked my car I noticed Kevin's car pull next me. I got out and sent him a confused look. "They called you too?" He nodded. "She better actually be sick. I was in the middle of a murder case." "Don't feel bad I was in the middle of a session." I rolled my eyes and put the disposable blue mask over my face. Kevin followed me to the school office and the secretary greeted us. "Good morning, how can I help you?" "We're here to pick up Bailey Atwater,  the nurse called and said she was sick." "Alrighty, what grade is she in?" "Kindergarten." "Alright, let me just make a call to the nurse so she can get her stuff." 

No more than five minutes after she called my daughter was walking down the stairs with the nurse. "Hi baby." I said when she walked in to the office. She looked sick that's for sure. Her face was bright red and she had tired eyes. "She came into my office with a fever of 101.3. Along with her symptoms, I suggest you get her checked for covid." I nodded. "Thank you." I took Bailey's backpack from the nurse and Kev picked her up so she wouldn't have to walk. She wrapped her tiny arms around her dad's neck and laid her head on his shoulder. When he walked in front of me I took a picture of the adorable scene in front of me, before catching up with them.

When we got home, Kev brought her straight up to her room while I called the doctors office to schedule a covid test. "You should probably call Voight and tell him you may have been exposed to covid." I said when he walked into the kitchen. "I already did, did you reschedule all of your appointments for tomorrow?" I nodded. "Her appointment is at 4 today." "Good, that gives us enough time to tell her a story and let her take a nap." Kevin suggested. I smiled at the idea and followed him back up to her bedroom. 

I sat on the edge of her bed and Kevin kneeled in front of me. "Mommy, I don't feel good." "I know baby, do you want to hear a bedtime story?" She nodded her head. Kevin handed me her favorite book. "Cinderella" I started reading it off to her.  "Once upon a time, a girl named Cinderella lived with her stepmother and two stepsisters. Poor Cinderella had to work hard all day long so the others could rest. It was she who had to wake up each morning when it was still dark and cold to start the fire. It was she who cooked the meals. It was she who kept the fire going. The poor girl could not stay clean, from all the ashes and cinders by the fire." "Babe." Kevin nudged my arm. "Yeah?" "She's already out." I smiled at her peacefully sleeping already. "Lets get out of here, don't wanna wake our sleeping princess up."