Stay (Jay Halstead)

hi guys, I'm so sorry about not updating this book, life's been stressful lately to say the least. um besides this imagine I have one other that's been sitting in my drafts for a while that I'm hoping to get done on Sunday, but no promises. if you've been following my messages you all know I lost someone in august which resulted in me taking a break that time. I wanted to tell you all I lost someone else this past Tuesday, so I'm gonna be taking another break from writing all together for a bit. I'm thinking once I finish my original book ill come back to this one, and hopefully this will be one of my main priorities. sorry again everyone, but please be patient with me. 

femalereaderxjayhalstead
prompt- jay and the reader are married and have a 4 year old son named Jameson along with a 1 year old daughter named Luna. Jameson has cancer and is admitted in med. Things take a turn for the worse. 
word count- 635 words

Waking up with a teething toddler then going to a hospital at 6 in the morning was definitely not fun, but unfortunately that was Jay and I's new normal. After I put Luna in the car, I drove to the hospital. To say I was exhausted was an understatement. Jay and I had been switching on and off on who would go home with her and who would stay with Jameson. Last night was my turn to stay with her which meant I got maybe 2 hours of sleep tops. After getting my visitors sticker I took the elevator upstairs to the pediatric intensive care unit. Will was standing in the doorway talking to Jay and while Jameson was still asleep. I walked past Will and over to the side of Jameson's bed. "Hey." I sat down on the chair next to his bed. "Don't you look wide awake." Will joked. I smiled at him. "Would you be a dear and take your niece to daycare?" I asked. He nodded and grabbed her out of my hands. "Thanks Will." Jay said. "Anytime guys, I'll see you later." I waved and turned over to Jameson. "Oh my baby." I ran my fingers through his hair. "How'd he do last night?"

"Pretty good, he slept most of the night, but at like 3 he was coughing pretty bad, some blood did come up." I looked at Jameson soundly sleeping and got up to go over to Jay. I sat down on his lap. He was sitting on the couch that turned into a makeshift bed. "You seem tired." He told me. "I am, you do too."  "I was up all night." He admitted "Why?" I asked him. "Honesty, I'm so worried." "Believe me, I get it. I'm always here if you need to talk, you know that." I said giving him a quick kiss. When Dr. Scott appeared in the the doorway we both got up, going over to him.

"Everything okay?" Dr. Scott asked. "Yeah, he's still sleeping." Jay answered. "Good I'll come check on him in a little bit." I nodded, but just as he turned to walk away the monitor started beeping. I looked behind me and saw Jameson was now flatlining. Dr. Scott ran back into the room. "Code blue! Get me a crash cart!" Jay pulled me aside, letting the nurses get through. "No! No!" I screamed, trying to get out of Jays arms. "Hey! Let them do their job!" I watched in tears as they performed chest compressions on my lifeless son, until finally the monitor came back to life. "He's stable for now, keep an eye on him." Dr. Scott walked past us. "Thank you." "Don't thank me, it's my job. Now go spend time with your son.