I'm Here (Jay Halstead)

female reader x jay halstead
this was requested by Abby_Sciuto_NCIS hope you enjoy.
prompt- "i heard you scream, nightmares again?"
warnings- PTSD
word count- 432 words
________________________________
I was finishing up in the bathroom when I heard a scream. Jay had just gotten back from his second deployment, and I don't think he's taking it too well. I turned the sink off and ran to our bedroom. I went over to his side of the bed.
"Hey your okay, your not in Afghanistan anymore." I said trying to calm him down.
"Mommy?" I heard a little voice. I turned around to see Jay and I's 4 year old daughter standing in the doorway.
I got up from where I was kneeling and went over to her.
"Paige, go back to bed."
"But I heard daddy scream."
"Hey, everything's okay. Go to bed." She gave me a hug before she left. I went back over to where Jay was know sitting up in the bed.
"I heard you scream. Nightmares again?" He nodded.
I pulled him into a hug.
"Your okay, I'm here."
He rested his head on my shoulder.
"I'm here." I said rubbing circles on his back.
"I'm sorry."
"Hey don't be sorry. I was in Afghanistan too. I know what it's like."
"Mommy?" I heard again.
"Paige, I thought I told you to go to bed?"
"I wanted to make sure Daddy was alright."
"I told you he was fine."
"Paige come here." Jay said telling her to come over to where we were.
She jumped into the bed next to Jay. I watched him pull her into a hug.
"I'm okay Paige, you know how you have bad dreams and you need me or mommy to check your closet for monsters?" She nodded holding her stuffed animal close to her face.
"Well I had a bad dream."
She nodded and got up off the bed. She went over to Jay and I's closet and opened the door. I smiled at her.
"Their's no monsters daddy! See!" She said going back over to the bed.
I got up and shut the closet door and then climbed into the bed after her.
"Can I stay in here?" She asked.
"Yeah babe." I answered brushing the hair out of her face.
She snuggled into Jays side. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep.
"I'm always here for you Jay."
"I love you y/n."
"I love you too." I said before giving him a kiss.
Not long after that the both of us fell asleep.

aww i really like this one