Hurt (Jay Halstead)

female reader x jay halstead
prompt- Hurt / Angst reader x fire house 51 Maybe reader is one of their own and gets injured i changed the prompt just a little bit. in this the reader is a firefighter at 51. shes kelly's sister and married to jay.
this was requested by Emmsiii04 sorry it took a couple days
word count- 811 words
warnings- miscarriage

"Morning boys!" I said walking into the firehouse.
"What's up Severide?"
"Not much." I answered sitting next to Joe on the couch.
"Any calls yet?" I asked him. He shook his head no.
"House Fire. 165 West Chester. Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25."
"Well now you jinxed it."
I rolled my eyes and made my way out to the rig.

We pulled up to a house that was engulfed in flames.
I got out of the rig and put my gear on. There was a lady with black hair and a young kid standing on the lawn.
"Severide, Gallo with me."
Casey instructed. We followed him over to the lady on the lawn.
"Ma'am if there anyone in there?"
"My husband! He's in there with his friends! They were doing a drug deal and it went wrong! Please help him!" I looked to Casey.
"We still have to help him, he's still a victim." I nodded.
"Chief, just me, Gallo, and Severide are going in. Don't send anyone else in it's too dangerous." Casey yelled over to Boden.
"Come on." We followed Casey into the house.
"Fire Department call out!" I walked into the living room but I stopped dead in my tracks when I felt cold metal on the back of my neck. Even through the clothing that was there I could still feel it.
"You move, and I blow your brains out." I nodded.
"Sean! Get out here!" The guy holding a gun said to me. I saw someone walk out holding another guy that's was tied up.
"Severide!" I heard Gallo yell.
"Who's Severide?"
"I am."
"Tell them your fine."
"I'm fine!" I yelled nodding.
Gallo and Matt followed the sound of my voice and saw what was happening.
"Hey let's all just relax! Let her go."
"No chance man, you already know who we are."
"Hey look nobody's gonna call the cops! And nobody needs to get hurt!"
"Nobody's gonna get hurt unless you don't do what I tell you too." I looked over to Gallo too see that he had been holding the button on his radio the whole time.
"Dude behind you!" The guy behind me turned around to face whoever was behind us with the gun. I tried to run but i wasn't fast enough because the other guy who I knew as Sean fired his gun right into my stomach. I fell to the ground in pain. As soon as he saw that he actually shot me he made a run for it, but Gallo chased after him. I don't know what happened to the other guy but at this point in time I didn't care.
"Firefighter down!" I heard what sounded like Casey say.
"Hey stay with me Severide! Helps on the way." Was the last thing I heard before my world went black.

(Kelly's Pov)
After riding in the back of 61 with y/n to med she was wheeled away to surgery. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and tried to call Jay. Straight to voicemail. I sighed and sat down in the waiting room. It didn't take long till the rest of 51 piled in.
"How is she?" Cruz asked.
"It's not looking too good." I said with tears in my eyes.
"Hey she's gonna be okay." Stella told me.
"Has anyone called Jay?" Gallo asked.
"I tried. No answer." He nodded.

2 hours later I finally got ahold of Jay and he was on his way here.
I saw Dr. Marcel come out.
"How is she?" I asked.
"She made it. She doesn't want to see anyone at the moment though. She only wants to see Jay."
"He's on his way." He nodded.
"When he gets here just send him back."
I nodded.

A half an hour later Jay walked in and I told him to go to the room Y/n  is in.

(Your Pov)
I saw Jay walk into the room.
"Hey." I said.
"Hey are you okay?"
"I'm alright. Got shot in the gut. What do you think?" He laughed slightly.
"Jay, I need to tell you something."
"You know you can tell me anything."
"Turns out I was pregnant. I lost the baby." He stared at me in shock.
"I understand if your mad, because I'm mad at myself."
"I'm not mad, and you shouldn't be either. It's not your fault."
"I love you." I whispered to him.
"I love you too." He said back