A little arguement

A soft knock on the door made Jasmine lift her head from the edge of the bed.

Deciding to make her telekinesis useful for once, she used the ability to open the door.

Her expression changed from sad to defensive when she saw Natasha standing in the doorway.

"Hey. Harry said you needed some company."

"I don't want company if company is rude." Jasmine spoke soft, but with a stern tone.

"I guess I deserve that." Natasha sat on the edge of the bed after closing the door. "Clint's attitude was getting on my nerves and it just made me mean. I. . . I'm sorry. For both of us."

"It just made me feel terrible, Nat. Those comments you and Clint would make about me or me and my personal things in front of everyone else. It made me feel like a disappointment and headache to everyone." Jasmine rubbed the tears from her cheeks, staying in her position on the floor on her knees.

"I'm sorry about it. Honestly." Natasha ran her fingers through her hair and changed the subject. "So what's going on with you two?"

"Everything's so screwed up, Natasha." Jasmine moved and slumped against the bed, putting her hands over her forehead and her elbows on her knees. "I don't even know where to start."

"Start with what's bothering you the most."

Jasmine thought for a moment.

"Harry was with me when I had my first ultrasound and Alex wasn't. Bruce said the baby is the size of a six month old instead of a three month old like it should be. I'm not even showing it enough for a six month old. And Bruce said it's because I haven't been eating enough for even myself. But I think it goes beyond that. I have a feeling that with what I've been through in the past. . . that that's going to make the baby grow faster."

"What do you mean?"

"Just think about it. The main serums put into me were meant to change my appearance and my physical and mental cell structures. My eyes, my height, my hair color, even my weight changed. Maybe its doing the same to the baby, but making it grow faster than normal."

Natasha thought about everything and rubbed her eyes.

"Okay. Is that all that's bothering you?"

"No. I told Alex since I figured he'd want to know about the baby and he was totally mad about Harry being with me for the first ultrasound. Alex got up and left. I haven't seen him since and I broke my phone so I can't call him."

"Alex is a man, Jasmine. He has what is called a hubris-"

"I know what a hubris is."

"Okay." Natasha bit back the comment she was about to say about interrupting people. "That means if he let's another man be close to you like Harry is then every other man is going to want you like Alex does. But he's a dominant man and he isn't going to put up with it. Tell him you don't like Harry like that-"

"I don't. Harry's just like a brother to me. I've told Alex that many times."

"If you don't quit interrupting me, Jasmine-" Natasha stopped when the door opened. It was Alex.

Jasmine felt the urge to get up and wrap her arms around him but refrained.

"I'll leave you two to talk. I'll be down the hall if you need me, Jasmine." Natasha rubbed Jasmine's shoulder before leaving.

Silence fell upon the room when the door closed. Jasmine stayed in her position on the floor, but pulled her knees to her chest as she began to cry.

Alex stayed by the door, watching Jasmine.

"I'm so sorry, Alex. I should've waited. I-I was just so excited and I wanted to see the baby. . ." She trailed off in whispers.

Alex couldn't stand to see Jasmine cry, it broke his heart.

He moved to sit next to Jasmine and pulled her into his lap. He brushed her hair out of her face and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"Don't be sorry, baby girl. I'm the one who needs to apologize. I didn't mean to leave like that. I was just upset."

Jasmine turned to put her face in his chest, taking in his familiar, wonderful smell.

"I love you, Jasmine."

"I love you even more, Alex. I really do." Jasmine fisted Alex's shirt, wanting to block out all the negative things in the world and focus on just her and Alex.

Alex suggested a movie to get their minds off everything, but Jasmine honestly wasn't paying attention to it.

Jasmine's hand rubbed circles on Alex's toned stomach, her eyes were closed and her ear rested on his chest, listening to his heart beat.

Alex kept his arms around Jasmine, his lips were in her hair.

"Jasmine. I love you."

"I love you." Jasmine whispered back.

Alex's blue eyes were on her face, studying her movements. He didn't like that he had made Jasmine upset that way. He wanted to see her smile again.

"I love you." Alex pulled Jasmine up and nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck.

"Alex, stop it."

"Not until you're happy again." Alex knew all of Jasmine's ticklish spots and knew where her weak points were.

He began to gently brush his teeth over Jasmine's neck, his fingertips tickled Jasmine's ribcage.

"Alex! I'm gonna pee myself!" Jasmine's melody-like giggle made Alex smile.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

Okay. I know. Shitty chapter.

I have a good excuse!!

Okay not really but I've been having major headaches and its effecting me big time and I'm trying to spend my extra time either writing a few bits and pieces or studying for major chapter tests in my classes. I really am sorry!!

I promise the next chapter will be long!!

<3 Kacey <3