Who Are You?

Her first day of school was horrible. Everyone was staring at her, and laughing and pointing when her eyes changed. The kids even started teasing her, until Alex Sumers stopped one of the boys by pushing him against the wall.

"Whoa! What's going on!" Storm asked as she rushed to the two. "Alex? Carter? What's the matter?"

"Carter's making fun of Jasmine." Alex said.

"Is that true, Carter?" Xavier asked as he rolled up to the scene. "Alex? Will you show Jasmine around, please?"

"Sure thing." Alex nodded. "Come on, Jasmine." Jasmine hesitated before following beside him through the halls.

"Thank you, for back there." Jasmine said quietly.

"No problem. If you have any problems with any student , just tell me and I'll help you." Alex shrugged with a smile as he glanced at Jasmine.

"Do you think they're weird?" Jasmine asked out loud.

"Heck yeah the students here can be weird."

"No, not that." Jasmine giggled.

"I know what you meant. Your eyes are pretty, I think. I like the catlike ones." Alex chuckled.

"What are they now?" Jasmine stopped and looked up into Alex's eyes.

"Dark blue."

"Dr. Banner said that means I'm calm." Jasmine sighed as she started walking again.

"What all have they changed to?" Alex asked.

"Um. Let's see.... Dark green and catlike, dark blue and normal, rainbow colored, and red."

"When did they get red?"

"When I shot a gun and it scared me." Jasmine laughed, embarrassed at herself.

"I think they're pretty. I like the variety."

"That makes one if us." Jasmine watched as she saw Kitty walk towards them.

"Hey! I'll take it from here, Alex." Kitty looked to him.

"See ya around, Jasmine." Alex smiled as he left.

"Oh my gosh! Jasmine! You have one of the hottest guys in school crushing on you!" Kitty squealed as she pulled Jasmine into their dorm.

"Who? Alex?"

"Yes! He clearly likes you."

"No. He was just being nice." Jasmine shrugged.

"Sure..." Kitty rolled her eyes with a grin. Someone knocked on the door. It was Storm, Xavier, and Logan. They walked in and closed the door behind them.

"How did you like your first day?" Storm asked with a hopeful smile.

"It was okay, minus the staring, pointing, and laughing." Jasmine looked down at her hands, sitting back on the bed.

"People just need time to get used to you, Jazz." Logan said.

"I think I liked the Helicarrier better." Jasmine admitted quietly. "At least there, all the SHIELD agents ignored me and didn't make me feel weird."

"If you want to go back to the Helicarrier, you can, Jasmine. No one's making you stay anywhere." Xavier looked to Storm as he spoke. She nodded and left the room, to call Director Fury.

Back at the Helicarrier, the Avengers were still trying to figure out who Jasmine Jonas was.

"Nick. We only have a Jasmine Jonas missing persons report from 1929." Natasha and Barton walked back into the conference room they all were in.