Injuries and the Winter Soldier

THIRD PERSON

Jasmine woke up to the feeling of the bed dipping down. She opened her eyes and saw Alex was just getting into bed with Jasmine again.

"Where did you go?" Jasmine yawned, rubbed one of her eyes with her hand.

"Just to check on some things." Alex kissed her forehead.

"What time is it?" Jasmine asked as she put her head in Alex's chest.

"Almost noon." He chuckled.

The door opened to Jasmine's dorm, making both of them sit up. But it was only Kitty.

"Kitty! Are you guys okay? Did anything happen? Is Logan okay?" Jasmine jumped to the end of her bed and asked the questions that had been bugging her since she left the Helicarrier.

"Yeah. We're okay." Kitty nodded, looking worn out. She took out a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. "I'm gonna change, then I'm going to bed and none of you are going to wake me up."

"Wait!" Jasmine caught her arm before she could go to the bathroom. "Where's Logan and the others?"

"In the Professor's office." Kitty chuckled at Jasmine before going into the bathroom.

Jasmine got to her feet and left the dorm, forgetting all about Alex, who was jogging up on her left. ((See what I did there?? CATWS reference, partially lol))

"Where are you going, Jazz?"

"To make sure everyone's okay." Jasmine knocked on Xavier's office doors before going in.

The elder X-Men, Logan and Storm, were the only ones in the office with Xavier.

"Are you guys okay?" Jasmine hugged Storm and then Logan.

"Perfectly fine." Storm nodded.

"You guys look tired." Alex commented.

"Yeah. The fight lasted until maybe three hours ago. They just kept bringing people back from either HYDRA's side or the mutants' side." Logan nodded.

"What about Natasha and all of them? Are they okay?" Jasmine remembered her other friends, the Avengers.

"They think Barton fractured something in his leg and Stark got a concussion." Logan replied.

"And Natasha was shot on her hip." Storm added.

"I want to go see them, to make sure they're okay." Jasmine looked from Alex to Xavier.

"Storm? Would you mind taking the jet to the Helicarrier with Jasmine?" Xavier questioned.

"Not at all, Professor." Storm shook her head. "Come on."

"I'm coming with you." Alex followed behind Jasmine and Storm.

Jasmine rushed over to Natasha, who was laying on one of the medic beds in the medical room.

"Hey, Jazz." Natasha smiled faintly. She was half out of it due to the amount of medicine in her system.

"How're you feeling?" Jasmine asked, noticing how pale Natasha's face looked.

"Well. Banner has me dosed up on medicine. I can't feel anything below my waist..."

"Oh. I'm sorry." Jasmine whispered.

"No, its fine. It just reopened another old wound I had from the Winter Soldier. Speaking of him, did anyone tell you we managed to catch him?" Natasha's words brought a smile to Jasmine's face.

"No, where is he?" Jasmine shook her head.

"Go have Clint take you to him." Natasha waved Jasmine and Alex off.

"Jasmine. I don't think its a smart idea for you to go see the Winter Soldier." Alex said as they walked down the hallway.

"I do. He's my dad, Alex. My only living family." Jasmine turned a corner and almost ran into Tony.

"Hey there, Jazz, Summers."

"Hey, Tony? Where's Clint?" Jasmine was anxious to see Barnes.

"In the conference room. But watch out for Cap. He's pissed 'cause no one's lettin' him see metal arm dude." Tony ruffled Jasmine's hair before walking down the hall. Jasmine fixed her hair as she walked into the conference room.

"Clint? Natasha told me you'd take me to go see James." Jasmine looked over to Clint.

"You can't, Jasmine." Fury said.

"Yes I can. He won't hurt me. He never has." Jasmine shook her head.

"He won't hurt me either, Nick! He's my brother." Steve stood to his feet.

"He's my father." Jasmine spoke towards Steve, but then looked back to Fury. "Either let me in or I can force my way in."

Fury sighed heavily and pinched the bridge of his nose. He couldn't deny Jasmine to see the Winter Soldier. She could destroy anything she waned.

"Barton. Take her to the room with the Soldier."

"Nick!" Steve yelled.

"Let her have a turn first." Fury said.

Jasmine walked into the room with James in it.

He was sitting in a chair at a metal table. James looked up to Jasmine.

"Hey, James." Jasmine smiled faintly, walking over to the chair across from James. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah. Just fine." He muttered.

"I have something I need to ask you, James. Do you remember me?" Jasmine asked softly, reaching her hand out to touch his left hand. There was so much hope in her soft voice, but all of it was crushed when the one word she dreaded to hear, escaped from his lips.

"No."

Jasmine tried to hide her disappointment, but then remembered her holographic power. Jasmine more her chair over next to James's, who looked at the little girl with confusion.

Jasmine made a holograph of the memory book appear in front of them. James sat back, astonished by her ability.

"Look." Jasmine pulled up a picture of Peggy Carter, James Barnes, and herself. She was just a baby in the book. "Do you remember her? Her name is-"

"Peggy." He just barely whispered.

"Yeah. And I'm Jasmine. The baby." Jasmine looked to James as he tried desperately to remember. His blue eyes moved from face to face.

"I have a kid." A smile formed on his lips.

"Yeah. I'm that kid. I'll be right back." Jasmine jumped up and left the room, the holograph disappeared as she left. Clint locked the door and followed Jasmine.

"Jasmine! What on earth are you doing!" Alex yelled as he followed her as well.

Jasmine ignored Alex as she cut the square out of the wall with her nail. She pulled the books out and rushed back to James's room.

"Look." Jasmine pulled out a picture of Peggy Carter.

The two spent countless hours looking through photo albums.

The X-Men and the Avengers watched from the cameras in another room.

"How long are we gonna let her stay in there, Nick?" Logan asked.

"As long as she wants. He's her only family." Fury replied.

So I won't be updating again until sometime around the third of Spetember.....

I love you guys!!

Just keep commenting and voting!!

<3 Kacey <3