Its Okay

"What do you mean we can't find her!" Alex demanded, slamming his fist down on the table.

"It isn't HYDRA or Loki or the mutants." Natasha said.

"Someone else has her." Clint nodded.

"Great. So the list for people wanting Jasmine just grew?" Tony asked.

"Striker." Xavier gasped, shock and grief filled his features.

"Striker?" Alex repeated. Logan growled from deep in his chest, remembering the man.

"Who's Striker?" Steve asked.

"He hates mutants, but he experiments on them." Storm replied.

"He turned these from bone to antimonium." Logan made his claws go out a short distance.

"It's not just Striker, Logan. Victor is another of his allies." The tone of Xavier's voice made Logan's heart drop. The last time a girl Logan had cared about was near his deadly brother, she 'died'.

"What did he do to her, professor?" Kitty asked urgently.

"We need to find her soon or she will bleed to death." Xavier didn't answer Kitty's question.

"What do you mean?" Alex questioned, his heart dropped.

"We need to find her right now." Xavier said. "I'm going back to the school, I will notify you when I find her."

Xavier planned on using Cerebro to find Jasmine, hopping it would work. The images of Jasmine's bleeding body on the ground continued to burden him as he left towards the school.

Alex was ahead of the others, rushing to find Jasmine. Bobby was covering his back, freezing anyone he passed. The others spread out through the large building.

"Do you see her?" Bobby asked as Alex peeked into an empty room.

"No-"

"Alex! Bottom level!" Natasha shouted into the earpieces all the X-Men or Avengers wore.

Alex pushed pass Bobby and jumped down the several stairs. He took off in a sprint towards the next flight of stairs.

Alex was the last to make it to the basement. Everyone was waiting for him, waiting for him to lead the way into the dark basement filled with rooms.

Alex went from room to room, searching for Jasmine and calling out her name.

"Jasmine!" He yelled, his heart racing.

"Alex." A stressed voice came from the last room. He rushed to the room and looked into it.

"Oh my God." He whispered.

Jasmine was against the wall, her hands still in the restraints. The torso of her top had been ripped open by Victor, blood covered her.

"Jasmine." Alex bent down to her and held her face gently in his hands. "Baby." His eyes watered as he saw how much blood she actually had lost. Tons.

"Alex." She gasped, her breathing was weak as she tried to move.

"No, shhh. Don't move. You could get hurt even more." Alex stopped her from moving and sat beside her.

"I'll call Banner and have him come down with Agent Jemma Simmons." Natasha spoke softly before leaving the two be. She pulled the others back and into the hallway.

"We need to get her out of here, Natasha." Tony said through his Iron Man suit.

"We can't. There's no telling how much damage could be done if we try to move her without medical help, Stark." Clint spoke before Natasha could.

"This is because of Striker and Victor." Logan growled, seeing the claw marks on the wall from his elder brother.

"Don't blame yourself, Logan." Kitty put her hand on his bicep.

"I'm not. I'm blaming Victor." Logan muttered as he left the group of people and went to search for his brother.

"Where's he going?" Steve asked.

"Probably to find Victor." Storm replied.

"So we just wait for Doctor Banner to get here before we can help Lady Jasmine?" Thor questioned.

"Pretty much." Clint nodded.

"There's got to be something we can do to help her." Steve shook his head.

"Alex is there, Cap. She loves him. As long as he's with her, she'll be fine." Natasha put her hand on his shoulder. "He'll try to stop the blood but he just needs to be there for her, for her to be okay."

Back in the room with Jasmine, Alex was holding her close.

"Alex, I-I'm cold." Jasmine's teeth chattered as she held her face in his chest.

"Its alright, baby. I'm right here. Just keep your eyes opened. I don't want to loose you." Alex kissed the top of her head.

"I-I can't."

"Yes you can. Remember how I said we could settle down and have a baby after all of this? Remember that?"

"Yeah." Jasmine nodded and managed to lift her head up to meet his eyes. "I'm so excited." A sort of dazed smile flashed across her face.

"Me too, princess." Alex nodded, though he didn't know if- with all of Jasmine's bad luck- Jasmine would live to be able to have a baby with him. "Just keep your eyes open. And talk to me."

"I just.... My head hurts and I-I can't feel my belly."

"It's okay. Banner'll be here in a few minutes. Just keep talking. Who did this to you?"

Jasmine didn't reply. Her body tensed, which caused her sore muscles to hurt. Jasmine put her hand on Alex's thigh, rubbing her thumb in small circles.