Lady Jasmine

Jasmine closed her eyes with a sigh before she opened them again and looked over to see Alex in the chair by her bed.

He was slouched in the chair with his fist propping his head up.

"Alex?" She whispered and reached her hand over to shake him awake.

"Jasmine, are you okay?" Alex asked when he woke up. He rubbed his blue eyes and leaned up.

"What happened?"

"That's what I'd like to know." He put his hand on her's. "What the hell did you try to do, Jasmine?" She looked away from him and moved uncomfortably in the bed. "Jasmine. Tell me."

"I just figured that every problem would disappear if I did. No one would be risking their life for me and no one would be using me."

"So you thought killing yourself would end everything?"

Jasmine nodded in response but still didn't meet his eyes.

"Wrong, Jasmine. We live in a world of mutants, gods, aliens, and humans. Nothing's going to ever be perfect. And it's not because of you, so don't try doing that ever again." Alex took her hand in his. "Promise?"

"Promise." She nodded.

"Good. Go back to sleep. You look like you need it."

"You should go on back to your room. That chair doesn't look very comfortable."

"It's not. But I'm staying here until you get to go back to your own room." Alex smiled.

The next morning, Dr. Banner was in to check on Jasmine.

"Jasmine, don't ever try to do that again." Banner hugged her tightly.

"I won't." She shook her head with a smile.

"Good. Let me check a few things before I let you go, okay?"

"Okay." Jasmine giggled. Alex was sitting on the chair still. He watched as Banner showed Jasmine his veins compared to her's.

'Shes so beautiful and sweet. Why would anyone want to hurt or use her?' His mind wondered as he watched Jasmine with a soft smile.

"Jasmine!" Storm and Natasha rushed over to Jasmine to hug her tightly.

"If you ever pull a stupid trick like that again, kid." Tony muttered as he walked into the room with Logan, Steve, Bobby, Peter, and Kitty.

"I won't." Jasmine shook her head.

"Why did you do that anyways?" Logan asked. She just shrugged, not wanting to answer in front of everyone.

After everyone saw and made sure Jasmine was okay, they slowly left. Logan was walking her to her room.

"I think we need to talk, Logan." Jasmine sat on her bed.

"Yeah. I don't think.... We should be together. I like you better as a friend."

"Wow. You just took the words right out of my mouth." Jasmine muttered. "I think we should be friends. It felt right when we were like that."

"Yeah." Logan nodded. Things began to get awkward.

"I hope this doesn't ruin our relationship as friends, Logan."

"It won't. I won't let it." He kissed her forehead.

"Can you have Alex come in here for a second?" Jasmine asked as he headed towards the door.

"On it." Logan put his hand up as he left. A few minutes later, Alex knocked on her bedroom door.

"Hey, Logan said you needed me?"

"Yeah. Are you a mutant?" Jasmine asked as he sat on the edge of her bed.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"What can you do?"

"Oh I can't show you here."

"Then come on!" Jasmine took his hand and pulled him through the base.

"Sorry!" Alex repeated many times as they pushed pass agent after agent. Jasmine opened a training room door. It was the training room she had been in before.

"You can in here."

"I don't want to hurt you. I can control it, but not that well."

"Here." Jasmine made the force field appear and she smiled.

"Whatever." Alex shrugged. He made the cosmic energy blast and hit the wall.

"That's so cool!" Jasmine let the force field go and walked over to him.

"Thanks." He smiled. Just then, Natasha walked into the room.

"Hey, Fury wanted me to ask you a few questions involving Loki." Natasha looked over to Alex and nodded her head towards the door.

"Right. I'll see ya later, Jasmine." Alex smiled as he left.

"What kind of questions?" Jasmine sat down against the wall. Natasha sat facing her beside her.

"Like, what did he do to you?"

"Loki? He didn't do anything to me. He was sweet and kind and he offered me anything I wanted." When Natasha didn't say anything, Jasmine went on. "He told me he could make me powerful and make me a ruler next to him. We'd rule the world together as long as I was by his side."

"Did you trust him?"

"I still do." I nodded.

"You shouldn't, Jasmine. He's a liar."

"No he's not, Natasha. He's a good person."

"Come with me." Natasha was getting agitated. "Did you know Loki is Thor's brother?" Jasmine paused for a moment.

"No, Loki- He never mentioned a brother." She shook her head, her voice was only a whisper.

"Let's go talk to the god of thunder." Natasha started walking out of the room.

"God of thunder?" Jasmine followed behind Natasha, eager to know more.

"Yeah, Thor's a god from a different world." Natasha knew what she was saying was attracting Jasmine and she was ordered to make Jasmine know who the real good guys and had guys are.

Jasmine nodded and stayed quiet until they got to Thor's room. Natasha knocked on the door twice before anyone opened it.

"Lady Jasmine!" Thor picked her up and hugged her tightly before sitting her on her feet. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Thanks." Jasmine tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"Thor? Tell Jasmine who Loki is." Natasha said.

"I already know who-"

"The real Loki." Natasha cut her off.

"Of course." Thor nodded.

"Good. I'll be by to pick her up in a half hour." Natasha left without another word.

"You've met my brother, have you not?" Thor asked as he closed the door behind Natasha.

"Yeah." Jasmine nodded with a smile.

"What do you think of him?"

"He's sweet and kind." Jasmine said what she had told Natasha.

"Then he was tricking you, Lady Jasmine."